Order of Operations / Loading Characters & Testing

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2009
      Just want to document a discovery I made while making type-safety changes to PCStat objects.

      We allow the creation of characters before sources are loaded. (The pcgen.gui tests do this)

      While I've had to make changes to the load process in order to get this to work, it generally isn't a big deal.

      However, this will lead to a pretty tricky problem if we ever implement the STAT addition (part of first paragraph) in Tracker 1676985.

      The non-gamemode stat's abbreviation couldn't be used as a variable, since the abbreviation system at the time the EvaluatorFactory class was initialized using only contained the game mode stats.