Re: new member introduction

  • increddibelly
    Message 1 of 8 , May 22, 2011
      thanks :)

      the setup instructions seem pretty straight forward so I should get downloading :) I'll drop you a note when I'm all set.

      also, the project wiki has a link for subclipse, but that page has move. Who should I tell?
      the page at http://wiki.pcgen.org/Basic_Developer_Setup links to http://subclipse.tigris.org/install.html, which redirects to http://subclipse.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectProcess?pageID=p4wYuA

      cheers
      Joost

        Message 3 of 8 , May 22, 2011
          on page: http://wiki.pcgen.org/Basic_Developer_Setup

          search for: http://subclipse.tigris.org/install.html

          replace with: http://subclipse.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectProcess?pageID=p4wYuA
          cheers

            Message 5 of 8 , May 22, 2011

              I've checked out the lead revision, I've set up Eclipse/SVN/Ant, and now I'm trying to run PCGen for the first time.

              I'm getting the feeling that I may need to configure some working directories in Eclipse, because I'm getting exceptions from the line
              SettingsHandler.initGameModes();
              more specifically, the exceptions occur when the app is trying to setup wield sizes:

              ------- quote -------
              SEVERE main LstSystemLoader:1349 Can not determine which parser to use for 'PREVARLTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-1'
              pcgen.persistence.PersistenceLayerException: Can not determine which parser to use for 'PREVARLTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-1'
              PreParserFactory.parse(PreParserFactory.java:152)
              addDefaultWieldCategories(LstSystemLoader.java:1455)
              loadGameModes(LstSystemLoader.java:1344)
              initialize(LstSystemLoader.java:407)
              pcgen.core.SettingsHandler.initGameModes(SettingsHandler.java:1434)

              "Exception in thread "main" pcgen.base.lang.UnreachableError"
              ------- end quote -------
              execution ends after the above UnreachableError occurs.

              Since the console shows a long list of SEVERE log messages such as these:

              LSTERROR main SimpleLoader:94 Illegal Token 'POINTS' '80' for pcgen.core.PointBuyMethod Standard Campaign
              SEVERE main BioSetLoader:213 Error in BONUS parse: BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-1
              ------- end quote -------

              I think I may have skipped a configuration step for the dev environment?

              any hints appreciated.

              Joost

              Message 6 of 8 , May 23, 2011
                fixed, I wasn't using Ant.