Re: [pcgen_developers] Re: [pcgen] RPM for Fedora Linux

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2011
      Hi Vince,

      That's great!  I guess we now need to make this part of our regular build process, are you familiar with our existing build process?

      On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:33 AM, VinceS <hlingler@...> wrote:

      --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, "VinceS" <hlingler@...> wrote:

      > For those who wish to help by testing and/or can't wait, the <unsigned> binary RPM can be got here: http://www.4shared.com/file/m4lvrfxn/pcgen-5164-1ajrnoarch.html
      >
      > Checksum:
      > md5sum: 0fccfb8f956f76dba86ee60c41389574
      > I see no reason why this RPM should not work on <any> RPM-based Linux distro (Red Hat, CentOS, Mandriva, OpenSuSE, PCLinuxOS, etc), so long as it has a registered (with RPM) version of Java (Oracle/Sun or OpenJDK, jre >= 1.6.0) and is LSB-compliant (desktop-file-utils). In any case: both are available for all distros that I know of. It has been thoroughly tested and works perfectly here on both F13.i686 (w/Sun JRE-1.6.0_u23) and F14.i686 (w/OpenJDK), as well as legacy F8.i386 (with JRE-1.6.0_u23). I hope that this can be a "generic" Linux RPM.
      >
      > My main concern is: whether or not this RPM will work on a 64-bit Linux OS that does <NOT> have 32-bit JRE installed - i.e.: is it truly "noarch"? Since I cannot build/test on any other distros nor any 64-bit, I would most appreciate feedback on those OSs.

      I asked the folks at FedoraForum to help test, and the answer appears to be "just fine": http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=257753

      Note that the RPM was built on F13.x86.

      :-)