Re: [pcgen_developers] Linux compile instructions

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011

      http://wiki.pcgen.org/Building_PCGen is probably a better guide, as you don't want to do a full release and it is more focussed on doing a local build.

      On 2 February 2011 13:08, Jack Byer <ftn768@...> wrote:

      Thank you

      On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 02:03, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      Here's the wiki that we follow to build PCGen.

      http://wiki.pcgen.org/Release_Instructions

      On 2/1/2011 5:59 PM, Jack Byer wrote:
      I'm using PCGen on a Gentoo Linux system and I'm trying to write an ebuild (bash script that Gentoo uses to automate the compile process) for the subversion Trunk branch.I have no trouble accessing the subversion repository but I'm not sure how you go about compiling it, as I'm only really familiar with autotools-style compiling. Can someone briefly explain the process that PCGen uses, or provide a pointer to the right documentation?

    • joxtur
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
        There's already a gentoo ebuild for 5.16.2

        Calculating dependencies... done!
        [ebuild N ] games-rpg/pcgen-5.16.2 29,579 kB

        You could probably use that as a base.

        --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > http://wiki.pcgen.org/Building_PCGen is probably a better guide, as you
        > don't want to do a full release and it is more focussed on doing a local
        > build.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James Dempsey
        > PCGen Code SB
        >

        > On 2 February 2011 13:08, Jack Byer <ftn768@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Thank you
        > >

        > > On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 02:03, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
        > >

        > >> Hi,
        > >>
        > >> Here's the wiki that we follow to build PCGen.
        > >>
        > >> http://wiki.pcgen.org/Release_Instructions
        > >>

        > >> On 2/1/2011 5:59 PM, Jack Byer wrote:
        > >>
        > >> I'm using PCGen on a Gentoo Linux system and I'm trying to write an ebuild
        > >> (bash script that Gentoo uses to automate the compile process) for the
        > >> subversion Trunk branch.I have no trouble accessing the subversion
        > >> repository but I'm not sure how you go about compiling it, as I'm only
        > >> really familiar with autotools-style compiling. Can someone briefly explain
        > >> the process that PCGen uses, or provide a pointer to the right
        > >> documentation?
        > >>

        > >> --
        > >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

      • Jack Byer
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
          On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 18:44, joxtur <joxtur@...> wrote:

          > There's already a gentoo ebuild for 5.16.2
          >
          > Calculating dependencies... done!
          > [ebuild N ] games-rpg/pcgen-5.16.2 29,579 kB
          >
          > You could probably use that as a base.

          As far as I can tell it doesn't actually compile the sources though.
          I've made my own ebuilds for the 5.17 series but I'd like to have one
          that will grab the most recent subversion sources in case I ever need
          to use the latest version.