Fix versions in JIRA

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2011

      I've noticed a bit of confusion with the use of fix versions in code
      issues, but this stretches to all types of issues really. So I wanted to
      clarify the purpose and recommended use of the field.

      The fix version indicates the first version in which issue will be or
      has been fixed. So this is used for scheduling and building the release
      notes for each version of PCGen. Its actually what drives the JIRA
      release notes feature.

      For code trackers I prefer to do the scheduling and will set the fix
      version as either part of the scheduling for a version or when the issue
      is being resolved (as will the other code monkeys). There is no need to
      set a fix version when creating a bug report or issue request.

      When setting the fix version, any released version number should not be
      used as we don't re-release the same version but put out new versions.
      The only time you would use an already released version is if the fix
      had already been made and you were documenting an existing fix. If there
      is no applicable version (e.g. you made a fix in the 5.16 branch and
      there is no unreleased version currently there) please post to this list
      with a request for the new version and either Andrew or I will create it
      for you.