Hudson missing?

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2010
      Where is Hudson?

      I thought it was at
      http://ci.pcgen.org/hudson

      ?
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2010

        On 6/12/2010 1:56 PM thpr wrote
        > Where is Hudson?
        >
        > I thought it was at
        > http://ci.pcgen.org/hudson
        >
        > ?

        Yes that is the correct address. We are looking into why it is unavailable.

      • Anestis Kozakis
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2010

          > On 6/12/2010 1:56 PM thpr wrote
          > > Where is Hudson?
          > >
          > > I thought it was at
          > > http://ci.pcgen.org/hudson
          > >
          > > ?
          > >
          > Yes that is the correct address. We are looking into why it is unavailable.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > James.

          We aren't the only ones from this issue. After many people posting this is from one of the developers on the cPanel forums:
          ----------

          The entire Plugin system (the method used to install Tomcat, ModMono, etc) is arcane and broken. The Tomcat installer also falls into that category. A decision was made to pull the Tomcat installer. Due to the arcane nature of the Plugin system, removing the Tomcat installer unintentionally caused many issues for everyone. The installer was returned to the Plugin system, but the damage was already done. Plus returning the installer caused some collateral damage, which again impacted everyone.

          As of this writing, Tomcat is installable via WHM >> Plugins, if you really want the broken version. Our preference is to wait and use the fixed one in EA3 - part of the stage 2 rollout of cPanel 11. Of course, that is not an option many can live with, which is also why the Tomcat installer was returned.

          On a different note, the Tomcat installation that is part of EA3 (easyapache 3) had all its components upgraded to the latest (we are still on Tomcat 5.5). This includes updating the source for jsvc so it now compiles on 64 bit systems. QA is currently testing it heavily with all three versions of Apache on a variety of systems.

          As I have time I do monitor this thread so your comments, suggestions and complaints are not falling on deaf ears, just distracted onesĀ (distracted in the sense that my focus is on internal QA stuff)
          ----------

          So, basically, they made a change, and when people updated (or the systems auto-updated), it broke things.

          Does no one test any more? *facepalm*

          Anyway, I'm forcing the upgrade and hopefully this will fix this issue. Will keep folks informed...

          Anestis.
        • Anestis Kozakis
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2010
            OK, there's something weird going on.

            If you go to http://ci.pcgen.org/ it shows that tomcat is running.

            When restarting Tomcat from the server the following error message is shown:

            aiting for tomcat to restart...............finished.

            tomcat (jsvc.exec -user tomcat -cp ./bootstrap.jar -Djava.endorsed.dirs=../common/endorsed -outfile ../logs/catalina.out -errfile ../logs/catalina.err
            -verbose -Xmx1024M -XX:-HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Dhudson.model.Hudson.logStartupPerformance=true -Dhudson.DNSMultiCast.disabled=true
            org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -security) running as tomcat with PID 15379

            Service: [tomcat] has been disabled by the sys admin
            So it looks like Tomcat is running, but Hudson isn't.

            Anestis.
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 7, 2010

              Thanks for that Anestis.

              I've copied hudson.war over to the new tomcat install. It is starting now.

              On 8/12/2010 7:38 AM Anestis Kozakis wrote
              > OK, there's something weird going on.
              >
              > If you go to http://ci.pcgen.org/ it shows that tomcat is running.
              >
              > When restarting Tomcat from the server the following error message is shown:
              >
              > aiting for tomcat to restart...............finished.
              >
              > tomcat (jsvc.exec -user tomcat -cp ./bootstrap.jar -Djava.endorsed.dirs=../common/endorsed -outfile ../logs/catalina.out -errfile ../logs/catalina.err
              > -verbose -Xmx1024M -XX:-HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Dhudson.model.Hudson.logStartupPerformance=true -Dhudson.DNSMultiCast.disabled=true
              > org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -security) running as tomcat with PID 15379
              >
              > Service: [tomcat] has been disabled by the sys admin
              > So it looks like Tomcat is running, but Hudson isn't.
              >
              > Anestis.
            • Anestis Kozakis
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 7, 2010
                On 8 December 2010 07:57, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > Thanks for that Anestis.
                >
                > I've copied hudson.war over to the new tomcat install. It is starting now.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > James.

                Looks like it's up and running again.

                Anestis.