PCGen Code Committers - Proposed Change

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2009

      After a discussion between Tom, Kar and myself, we'd like to propose the
      following change to how people join the code team and gain commit SVN
      access.

      To become a member of the code team, and thus gain code commit access, a
      person must:
      a) Provide a proposal or patch that is accepted to the project by the
      current code team; and
      b) Post to the developers list a statement that all code contributed by
      them to the project is licensed to the PCGen project under the GNU
      Lesser General Public License v2.1

      The second item is just a formalisation of what we do currently anyway.
      The first is a bit of a change.

      The idea is that we would like new members to demonstrate a basic
      understanding of the program. The change doesn't have to be massive -
      anything from a small bunch of on-screen typo fixes, some javadoc, a
      unit test or of course a fix to a logged bug (or feature request) will
      qualify. On the proposal side, again a well thought out suggestion for a
      new feature for PCGen, along with an idea of how it might work with the
      existing PCGen code base would be fine.

      The reason for the proposed change is that we have had a few people
      express interest in joining the team but not follow-up on that once they
      were invited. It would be great if everyone who had code commit access
      was also on the contributors list on the about page :)

      So what do you think? A good idea? A bad idea? Please speak up.