Re: [pcgen_developers] Re: Tests Broken in Trunk

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 21, 2010

      I'm going to break Bob more. I'm uploading new code that explains what is supposed to be on him. And fixed an ability call that wouldn't fire ever.

      I won't be updating Bob as the Movement issue DOES need to be resolved first.

      On 10/20/2010 5:58 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
      Hi,

      I uploaded the new tests and I probably added a Stealth skill, double checked... Yup, Stealth is there.

      None of the test characters had TEST-42 through 44 done to them.

      Some of the movement changes would have been from any fixes to the Movement Code. A few had the MOVECLONE, MOVEADD items from an earlier test applied, But that's 3 to 6 months ago. So if those changed then something was either fixed or broken. I recall James recently fixed a Movement Issue, so that's probably what happened there.

      Bob needs an update as a few items weren't applied that should be due to an typo on my part.

      On 10/20/2010 5:46 PM, thpr wrote:
      Alice, Bob, and Charlie are all broken.

      Alice seems innocent - did you add the Stealth Skill to the test dataset?  That's all that seems to have occurred.

      Bob has a number of items in addition to Stealth.  One major item is Bob's movement changed.  He may also have stuff related to TEST-42?

      Charlie has Stealth added as well, and also has a movement change.

      It's the movement changes that concern me at the moment.

      TP.

      --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

         Hi,

      I thought hudson did test characters...  Drat, okay, which tests are broken?

      On 10/20/2010 5:08 PM, thpr wrote:

      Can the folks that have checked in items over the last week or two please ensure their unit tests are running clean?  A number of the character regression tests are currently broken in the Trunk.

      Just a reminder that the Hudson build does NOT check the character tests, so you still need to run the tests before code check=ins are performed.

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 22, 2010

        I've updated the three failing test as follows:

        Alice - add in new stealth skill
        Bob - add in new stealth skill
        Charlie - add in new stealth skill, correct movement to reflect MOVEADD bug fix.

        As a result Alice and Charlie now pass. Bob on the other hand has a swag of ability changes that I think Andrew and I need to work through.

        You may also have noticed that I have added a daily run of the character tests to Hudson. This should highlight to us when these tests get broken in the future.

        Cheers,
        James

        On 22/10/2010 2:57 AM Andrew Maitland wrote
        Hi,