Developer Meeting Request

    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 11, 2010
      Tom has requested a Developer Meeting.

      Per Tom,
      Andrew W (nuance) has done some neat work on the formula compiler, and now that he has a stable version, I think there are some questions we want to bounce around the team in a discussion... so a code team meeting at some point would be valuable, IMHO.

      I'll leave it to the Code Team to come up with a reasonable date and time.
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 12, 2010
        We generally have people form 3 major continental land masses and widely
        divergent time zones at these and it ends up being early morning for me.
        On that basis I'm going to ask for a weekend if possible, Friday night being
        preferable to Saturday, since I'm working 6 day weeks at the moment.

        That said, if it really needs to be some other time, I can probably accommodate
        that.  Also, I have a fortnight's leave coming up — 21st Oct – 3rd Nov, but I'll
        be at Gaelcon in Dublin from the 21st – 26th Oct.
        andrew

        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 20, 2010
          Should we be targeting this weekend?
          James?
          Connor?
          others?

          TP.

          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 21, 2010

            I'm good for most sane times this weekend. What if we aim for a Friday
            night (US)/Saturday morning (AU) meeting? Sunday night is the main one
            out for me.

            However, looking at Andrew's times below this weekend wouldn't be good
            for him. I think I am fine for next weekend also.

            On 21/10/2010 11:17 AM thpr wrote
            > Should we be targeting this weekend?
            > James?
            > Connor?
            > others?
            >
            > TP.
            >
            > --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Wilson<andrew@...> wrote:
            >> We generally have people form 3 major continental land masses and widely
            >> divergent time zones at these and it ends up being early morning for me.
            >> On that basis I'm going to ask for a weekend if possible, Friday night being
            >> preferable to Saturday, since I'm working 6 day weeks at the moment.
            >>
            >> That said, if it really needs to be some other time, I can probably
            >> accommodate
            >> that. Also, I have a fortnight's leave coming up â€" 21st Oct â€" 3rd Nov, but
            >> I'll
            >> be at Gaelcon in Dublin from the 21st â€" 26th Oct.
            >> andrew

          • Connor Petty
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 21, 2010
              I'm free all this weekend, so whatever time works best for everyone else.

              On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:21 AM, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > I'm good for most sane times this weekend. What if we aim for a Friday
              > night (US)/Saturday morning (AU) meeting? Sunday night is the main one
              > out for me.
              >
              > However, looking at Andrew's times below this weekend wouldn't be good
              > for him. I think I am fine for next weekend also.
              >
              > Cheers,
              > James.
              >
              > On 21/10/2010 11:17 AM thpr wrote
              >> Should we be targeting this weekend?
              >> James?
              >> Connor?
              >> others?
              >>
              >> TP.
              >>
              >> --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Wilson<andrew@...>  wrote:
              >>> We generally have people form 3 major continental land masses and widely
              >>> divergent time zones at these and it ends up being early morning for me.
              >>> On that basis I'm going to ask for a weekend if possible, Friday night being
              >>> preferable to Saturday, since I'm working 6 day weeks at the moment.
              >>>
              >>> That said, if it really needs to be some other time, I can probably
              >>> accommodate
              >>> that.  Also, I have a fortnight's leave coming up â€" 21st Oct â€" 3rd Nov, but
              >>> I'll
              >>> be at Gaelcon in Dublin from the 21st â€" 26th Oct.
              >>> andrew
              >>> On 12 October 2010 03:38, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@...>  wrote:

              Connor Petty
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 21, 2010
                I'll be in Dublin with no internet access :(, but I tend to just muddy
                the waters anyhow ;). Might be good to get John C along if you're
                going to discuss UI?

                On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Connor Petty <mistercpp2000@...> wrote:
                > I'm free all this weekend, so whatever time works best for everyone else.
                >
                > On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:21 AM, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                >> Hi,
                >>
                >> I'm good for most sane times this weekend. What if we aim for a Friday
                >> night (US)/Saturday morning (AU) meeting? Sunday night is the main one
                >> out for me.
                >>
                >> However, looking at Andrew's times below this weekend wouldn't be good
                >> for him. I think I am fine for next weekend also.
                >>
                >> Cheers,
                >> James.
                >>
                >> On 21/10/2010 11:17 AM thpr wrote
                >>> Should we be targeting this weekend?
                >>> James?
                >>> Connor?

                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 21, 2010
                  Oops, I think my internal calendar is off a week :)

                  ...I have guests next weekend... maybe Nov 6/7? (I don't think I can do Nov 5 evening)

                  TP.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 21, 2010
                    I'm also going to be in Dublin, at Gaelcon, so this weekend doesn't
                    suit me. I can do the weekend of the 6th Nov.

                    andrew

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 4, 2010

                      How is everyone placed for a meeting Sat afternoon/Sunday morning?

                      Looking at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=7&month=11&year=2010&p1=57&p2=75&p3=770&p4=-1
                      I can make any time between Sat 20:00 to Sun 05:00 (UTC).

                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 5, 2010
                        I would recommend we start at Sat 20:00 UTC so we can get nuance.  If that doesn't work, I can't do anything after 03:00 UTC Sun.

                        Thanks

                        TP.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 5, 2010
                          I'll fit in around the real developers :-)

                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 5, 2010
                            Hi

                            I can do that time period, any  of it.

                            andrew

                            Hi,

                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 5, 2010

                              Excellent.

                              Well, lets say 21:00 UTC unless Connor or Stefan are unable to make that time, but can make another. That'll give me a touch more sleep and hopefully not deprive anyone else.

                              On 5/11/2010 9:21 PM Andrew Wilson wrote

                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 6, 2010

                                  We are just starting now. The discussion is on IRC at #pcgen

                                  Cheers,
                                  James,

                                  On 6/11/2010 9:14 AM Connor Petty wrote