Potential 5.16.3 commit freeze

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 9:05 PM

      We are planning on putting out 5.16.3 shortly, and were going to
      originally make the next release the final, but given the number of
      changes on both the data and code sides it might be prudent to have one
      more release candidate.

      To that end I was going to aim to release the RC tomorrow and then have
      a freeze on all check-ins to the 5.16 branch. Exceptions would be via SB
      or 2nd approval and would be for things that are to fix show stoppers.

      Are there any objections to that plan? Is everyone ready for the release
      or should I hold off? Does anyone have any issues they have seen in the
      release candidates but haven't gotten to reporting yet?