Re: Bugs and enhancement requests

  • John Pyrich
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 8, 2001
      --- In pcgen@egroups.com, mocha@m... wrote:

      > I'm looking in the equipment.lst file, and a Club as WT:3, which
      > is what you say it should be. Are you looking in an older version?

      Never mind. This was the first thing that I found and it was before
      I noticed that the 'P' column header was not appearing in the View
      Items window. It looked like there was no weight because the column
      headers were shifted. I should have double checked that one. Sorry.

      > Hm, I'll give it more thought, but I think you've convinced me.
      > I don't think this would actually be that hard to do - basically
      > stripping out the class string from the skill.lst and spell.lst
      > files. I would still need some way in the class_spell.lst file to
      > indicate what level each spell is for each class. Maybe you just
      > have level lists for each class (0-9) and all spells in the list
      > are assumed to be of the same level.

      Would it be problematic to allow for multiple records for the same
      spell level? That way the user is not limited to putting all of the
      spells for a level in one record. Just a thought.

      > It would add two more lst
      > files and make the whole shebang somewhat larger in size, but for
      > swapping stuff with others it keeps you from having to get a copy
      > of the class.lst, skill.lst and spell.lst file when all you really
      > want is a class someone else has added.

      It works even better if you get classes from two seperate people. In
      addition, you can have genre specific .lst files for players to start
      with. If the whole d20 system works there will likely be many genres
      popping up a-la GURPS.

      > I'll add this to my list,
      > though currently I think fixing Bugs and getting the Campaign
      > stuff to work are my highest present priorities.

      Makes sense to me. Bugs are my only priority.

      > Thanks for your insights John! I'm glad you like PCGen and I hope
      > you keep giving me good ideas!

      No prob. I have a knack for breaking things. :-)

      > Just try to keep them to less than 30 at a time... ;)

      Ok.

      (Note to self... if there are more than 30 issues, send two emails.)

      ;-)

      John
    • John Pyrich
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 8, 2001
        --- In pcgen@egroups.com, mocha@m... wrote:

        > --- In pcgen@egroups.com, Robert Hilson <okuth0r@y...> wrote:
        >> ok i felt i had to assist in the explanation. if you look at the
        >> wizards program (i wont even name it) you can select multiple
        >> things to fight as. for example one set of "stats/info" for
        >> fighting bare handed, one for with a staff, and one for with a
        >> crossbow. this would represent other possipable combat
        >> situations easily.

        Thanks Robert. That's exactly where I was going.

        > Ok - I see what you're getting at. I think what I need to do is
        > to provide a way to select what's in each hand (shield, weapon
        > or nothing). But where? [snip]

        > Maybe another tab - like Combat (I'd move the existing Combat tab
        > to the Main tab where I'll also have the Campaign selections) where
        > you could select what's in each hand and PCGen could then give you
        > your applicable bonus to hit/damage due to the selections. It would
        > display the info in the same layout that I have in my character
        > sheet, so you could see range, crit multiplier, damage, etc.
        > How does that sound?

        It might clutter up the Combat tab a lot, but if it works that would
        be great. However, it still leaves the PC Sheet unresolved. I think
        that Robert's Equip tab option (explained in a later email) would be
        better. If that tab is created, I'd like there to be no fixed limit
        on the number of Equip Sets.

        John