learning pcgen programming

  • Dale
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2009
      if I wanted to download the source code to start learning how pcgen works to maybe upload some fixes to this yahoo site(so they can be considered). Where would I find it?

      How would you recommend I start learning the pcgen code?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2009
        Hi Dale,

        For our new coders wishing to join the project I'd recommend this site
        as the launch pad to the other information areas.

        http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Code

        In order for me to set you up, I'll need your Sourceforge ID.

        James Dempsey is the Code Lead and is your best resource. PCGen is all
        done in the Java Coding Language.

        The Code is held in our svn repository, again, you'll need an SF ID and
        to be part of the project to commit any fixes.

        Welcome to the PCGen Project. I'll await your SF ID. Feel free to email
        me direct with it and any questions you may have.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Dale wrote:
        > if I wanted to download the source code to start learning how pcgen works to maybe upload some fixes to this yahoo site(so they can be considered). Where would I find it?
        >
        > How would you recommend I start learning the pcgen code?

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
        > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

      • Michael W. Fender
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 23, 2009
          Accessing file 20914.13676.1086

          Data from user Dale is as follows:

          > if I wanted to download the source code to start learning how pcgen works
          > to maybe upload some fixes to this yahoo site(so they can be considered).
          > Where would I find it?
          >
          > How would you recommend I start learning the pcgen code?

          Well, you'd need to know Java and have the source. You can access the SVN
          repository. Details are at http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/scm-usage.html

          As for uploading, you'd need to join the team. Just post a message with the
          title "I want to help" and someone will be along shortly to collect your soul
          ;)
          --
          Fluxxdog

          think.