Re: Windows 7 Support?

  • x_superwank
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 22, 2009
      >" Well your problem is most likely not with PCGEN, its with Java and
      Windows 7 64 bit"

      I had a feeling that was probably the issue, thanks for clearing it up,
      I'll get to the fix you suggested as soon as I can.

      Thanks again, you've saved me just in time. My campaign reconvenes this
      weekend and I have a ton of work to do. It's sad to say, but I've grown
      so accustomed to PCGen doing the work for me that I'm kind of lost
      without it. Pathetic, I know.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "loaoxide" <tcooper@...> wrote:

      > Well your problem is most likely not with PCGEN, its with Java and
      Windows 7 64 bit, all the auto installers suck, do the following:

      > Goto control panel
      > Uninstall Program
      > The remove all java installs.
      > Reboot your PC (even if it doesn't ask you to)
      > Then goto http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
      > Download the Top option, make sure it is getting the following file:
      > jre-6u14-windows-i586-iftw.exe
      > After the install reboot again
      >
      > Then copy over your PCGEN, and make sure you start it with pcgen.bat.
      >
      > If you want to test Java first, click on start, in the search box type
      "CMD" press enter. In the black command prompt window type "java", if
      you get a list of options then your fine. If you get a "java is an
      unrecognised command" then it is not properly set up.

      > And lastly if push comes to major shove, download the free XP Mode
      client, install it, then install the FREE Windows XP SP3 installation,
      and run it on there.

      > -Oxide
      >

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "x_superwank" jamezx667@ wrote:
      > >
      > > I have the 64 bit version of Win7 and I am using XP compatibility
      and
      > > not the virtual machine.
      > >
      > > Thanks for your help.
      > >

      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "loaoxide" <tcooper@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I run PCGen on Windows 7 RC1, with no issues at all. Not using any
      > > compatablity mode. If you are still having issues I can try and help
      you
      > > out.
      > > >
      > > > 1.) 32bit or 64bit?
      > > > 2.) When you say XP mode, are you using XP compatablity or did you
      > > download the Integrated WindowsXP virtual machine?

      > > .bat
      > > through a
      > > route.

      > > for