Re: Pathfinder Acrobatics (Jump) Skill Missing Speed Bonus

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
      Trackerd and assigned:

      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2800036&group_id=25576&atid=750091

      > >> Could Pathfinder Beta owner please check this and get back to us?  Thanks!
      > >
      > > There is in fact the possibility of a bonus on Acrobatics skill checks that
      > > applies only when jumping, e.g. Ring of Jumping.\
      >
      > Yeah, I know about those. It was the bonus based on character's speed
      > that I thought wasn't in the PF stuff. I'll have to look when I get a
      > chance.
      >

      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • ovka
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

        > I thought part of the simplicity of Acrobatics got rid of those move
        > modifiers...

        Page 55 under the Acrobatics skill:

        "Creatures with a base land speed above 30 feet receive a +4 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks made to jump for every 10 feet of their speed above 30 feet."

        The penalty for being slow doesn't seem to exist any more. And since the dataset already creates the Acrobatics (Jump) conditional skill use, it may as well apply this modifier.

        I think I may have used TYPE=Speed in my bug report, when in fact it should be TYPE=Racial. Old habits die hard. ;)

        Cheers,

        Sir George Anonymous