Pathfinder Acrobatics (Jump) Skill Missing Speed Bonus

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009
      This is similar to the rsrd modifier to the Jump skill.

      BONUS:SKILL|Acrobatics (Jump)|4*(((max(MOVE[Walk],30)-30)/10).TRUNC)|TYPE=Speed

      RSRD uses TYPE=Speed.STACK. I don't know if this needs to stack or not.

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
        On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM, ovka <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
        > This is similar to the rsrd modifier to the Jump skill.
        >
        > BONUS:SKILL|Acrobatics (Jump)|4*(((max(MOVE[Walk],30)-30)/10).TRUNC)|TYPE=Speed
        >
        > RSRD uses TYPE=Speed.STACK.  I don't know if this needs to stack or not.

        I thought part of the simplicity of Acrobatics got rid of those move
        modifiers...

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
          > > On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM, ovka <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
          > > This is similar to the rsrd modifier to the Jump skill.
          > >
          > > BONUS:SKILL|Acrobatics (Jump)|4*(((max(MOVE[Walk],30)-
          > > 30)/10).TRUNC)|TYPE=Speed
          > >
          > > RSRD uses TYPE=Speed.STACK.  I don't know if this needs to stack or
          > > not.
          >
          > I thought part of the simplicity of Acrobatics got rid of those move
          > modifiers...

          Could Pathfinder Beta owner please check this and get back to us? Thanks!

        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
            On Tuesday 02 June 2009 12:49:06 Martijn Verburg wrote:
            > > > On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM, ovka <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
            > > > This is similar to the rsrd modifier to the Jump skill.
            > > >
            > > > BONUS:SKILL|Acrobatics (Jump)|4*(((max(MOVE[Walk],30)-
            > > > 30)/10).TRUNC)|TYPE=Speed
            > > >
            > > > RSRD uses TYPE=Speed.STACK. I don't know if this needs to stack or
            > > > not.
            > >
            > > I thought part of the simplicity of Acrobatics got rid of those move
            > > modifiers...
            >
            > Could Pathfinder Beta owner please check this and get back to us? Thanks!

            There is in fact the possibility of a bonus on Acrobatics skill checks that
            applies only when jumping, e.g. Ring of Jumping.

            Stefan.
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
              >> > I thought part of the simplicity of Acrobatics got rid of those move
              >> > modifiers...
              >>
              >> Could Pathfinder Beta owner please check this and get back to us?  Thanks!
              >
              > There is in fact the possibility of a bonus on Acrobatics skill checks that
              > applies only when jumping, e.g. Ring of Jumping.\

              Yeah, I know about those. It was the bonus based on character's speed
              that I thought wasn't in the PF stuff. I'll have to look when I get a
              chance.

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
                Trackerd and assigned:

                https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2800036&group_id=25576&atid=750091

                > >> Could Pathfinder Beta owner please check this and get back to us?  Thanks!
                > >
                > > There is in fact the possibility of a bonus on Acrobatics skill checks that
                > > applies only when jumping, e.g. Ring of Jumping.\
                >
                > Yeah, I know about those. It was the bonus based on character's speed
                > that I thought wasn't in the PF stuff. I'll have to look when I get a
                > chance.
                >

                > --
                > Tir Gwaith
                > PCGen LST Chimp

              • ovka
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

                  > I thought part of the simplicity of Acrobatics got rid of those move
                  > modifiers...

                  Page 55 under the Acrobatics skill:

                  "Creatures with a base land speed above 30 feet receive a +4 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks made to jump for every 10 feet of their speed above 30 feet."

                  The penalty for being slow doesn't seem to exist any more. And since the dataset already creates the Acrobatics (Jump) conditional skill use, it may as well apply this modifier.

                  I think I may have used TYPE=Speed in my bug report, when in fact it should be TYPE=Racial. Old habits die hard. ;)

                  Cheers,

                  Sir George Anonymous