Re: [pcgen] Fantasy_Character_Sheet

    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2009
      Yes, the instructions are from another post...

      -- From another POST:

      Glad you like the sheet. The answer is yes but it will take a little
      work. The Character Sheet tab uses html files for it's output so it's
      easy enough to to move the file so that it can be used in the standard
      export. The thing that makes the Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html file
      different from the rest is the use of graphics, because it's basically a
      web page the graphics have to be linked and if the file or graphics are
      moved relative to each other the link is broken and the graphics don't
      load. For this reason the sheet was created as a characters sheet tab only.

      That said there is a way you can export your character and view the
      sheet in a regular web browser. First thing to do is copy the sheet
      from: preview/d20/fantasy/Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html, to:
      outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml/. This will make the sheet show up in
      the list of sheets when you Export to Standard. The next part is
      important: when you export save it to the root folder where the
      pcgen.jar is, the linked graphics on the page work when the page is in
      that location. Alternatively you can copy this folder into the directory
      where you save you character sheets: preview/d20/fantasy/images/gold.
      You only need the content of the "gold" folder but you do need the
      folder structure of the path to it to match the path as it is in the
      PCGen folder.

      It's been a bit since I've worked with output and I
      forgot one detail: The output looks for a prefix in the name of the
      file, so add "csheet_" to the beginning of the name of the file and it should then show up in the list of sheets.

      Hope that's not too confusing, let us know how it goes.

      --- End Post

      Hope that helps.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      thaldorf wrote:
      > Is there a way to print or export the Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html OS?
      >
      > My kudos to whoever did that, it looks awesome.

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
      > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2009
        Andrew Maitland scribed:

        > That said there is a way you can export your character and view the
        > sheet in a regular web browser. First thing to do is copy the sheet
        > from: preview/d20/fantasy/Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html, to:
        > outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml/. This will make the sheet show up in
        > the list of sheets when you Export to Standard.

        I left out a detail when I first posted this: you also need to change the
        name of the sheet so it starts with "csheet_", that's how PCGen recognizes
        that it's an outputsheet.

        And thanks for the compliment, that's my baby :-)
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Board of Directors
        Message 3 of 7 , May 31, 2009
          I included the 'left out detail' post too. :P It's right at the end of
          the post. ;)

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          Eddy Anthony wrote:
          > Andrew Maitland scribed:
          >

          >> That said there is a way you can export your character and view the
          >> sheet in a regular web browser. First thing to do is copy the sheet
          >> from: preview/d20/fantasy/Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html, to:
          >> outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml/. This will make the sheet show up in
          >> the list of sheets when you Export to Standard.
          >>

          > I left out a detail when I first posted this: you also need to change the
          > name of the sheet so it starts with "csheet_", that's how PCGen recognizes
          > that it's an outputsheet.
          >
          > And thanks for the compliment, that's my baby :-)

        • Jeff Hoover
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009
            Not sure if this is the place for it, but I think I found a couple of minor errors.

            In terms of moving the file, you may also need to move the javascript directory...

            Then I also found:

            The body background color should be #730000, not #660000 in order to better match the other graphics.

            The dice images next to the stats are not linked properly. The src="' makes them not show up. ;)

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009
              Eddy, this is your baby, how bout you set it up as part of the allowable
              choices and such?

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              Jeff Hoover wrote:
              > Not sure if this is the place for it, but I think I found a couple of minor errors.
              >
              > In terms of moving the file, you may also need to move the javascript directory...
              >
              > Then I also found:
              >
              > The body background color should be #730000, not #660000 in order to better match the other graphics.
              >
              > The dice images next to the stats are not linked properly. The src="' makes them not show up. ;)

              >> I included the 'left out detail' post too. :P It's right at the end of
              >> the post. ;)
              >>
              >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              >> Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
              >> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
              >>

              >> Eddy Anthony wrote:
              >>
              >>> Andrew Maitland scribed:

              >>> I left out a detail when I first posted this: you also need to change the
              >>> name of the sheet so it starts with "csheet_", that's how PCGen recognizes
              >>> that it's an outputsheet.
              >>>
              >>> And thanks for the compliment, that's my baby :-)

              > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
              > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009