Pathfinder Question

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 10 , May 30, 2009
      I have the beta playtest version of Pathfinder, that I downloaded last August. I see some things in the alpha PF dataset (v 5.16) that don't quite mesh, and I'm wondering if there is some erratta that has been applied. For example, the dwarf racial ability Stonecunning has modifiers to several craft skills, but my playtest version doesn't show them. Also, the dataset has the Stonecunning modifier as a racial modifier, but my playtest version doesn't list a type for the modifier. Are these bugs, or has some erratta been applied to the dataset to make it more like the official release version?

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
      Message 2 of 10 , May 30, 2009
        Hi Sir George Anonymous aka Ovka,

        Not being an original Alpha/Beta PF monkey, I don't know if those are
        simple Copy/paste holder overs or if something else was used. Some
        habits are hard to break :-).

        Please, do point out any inconsistencies and the PF Team will look to
        fix anything that is not proper. Though I would stress that the final
        version is coming down the pipe, and that the full PF team will be
        working on that version.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        ovka wrote:
        > I have the beta playtest version of Pathfinder, that I downloaded last August. I see some things in the alpha PF dataset (v 5.16) that don't quite mesh, and I'm wondering if there is some erratta that has been applied. For example, the dwarf racial ability Stonecunning has modifiers to several craft skills, but my playtest version doesn't show them. Also, the dataset has the Stonecunning modifier as a racial modifier, but my playtest version doesn't list a type for the modifier. Are these bugs, or has some erratta been applied to the dataset to make it more like the official release version?
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Sir George Anonymous

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
        > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

      • ovka
        Message 3 of 10 , May 31, 2009

          Thanks, Andrew. Yeah, I'm looking forward to the final PF release. I just finally finished my 3.5e campaign last weekend, and so I'm finally getting a chance to review the PF beta. I like what I see so far.

          > Not being an original Alpha/Beta PF monkey, I don't know if those
          > are
          > simple Copy/paste holder overs or if something else was used. Some
          > habits are hard to break :-).

          It looks to me like they are holdovers from the alpha version.

          > Please, do point out any inconsistencies and the PF Team will look
          > fix anything that is not proper. Though I would stress that the
          > final
          > version is coming down the pipe, and that the full PF team will be
          > working on that version.

          Here is what I'm seeing so far, just looking at the racial abilities (note some of these are nit-picky):

          Defensive Training ~ Dwarf: The word "monsters" is misspelled in the description.

          Stonecunning: The description changed from the alpha to the beta version. The Craft skill no longer applies. The word "floors" is misspelled in the description (blank space betwen f & l). The bonuses to the Craft skills should be removed.

          Elven Magic: The skill bonus should have "TYPE=Racial".

          Defensive Training ~ Gnome: The word "monsters" is misspelled in the description.

          Gnome Magic: The spells tag should have "CASTERLEVEL=TL" instead of "CASTERLEVEL=1".

          Hatred ~ Gnome: In the description, "subtype" should be "subtypes".

          Obsessive: Should provide a +2 bonus to a Profession or Craft skill. I tried to set this up using CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE=Craft|TYPE=Profession<tab>
          SELECT:1<tab>
          BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2|TYPE=Racial
          but this doesn't seem to work (though the docs indicate it should).

          Elf Blood: The description changed from the alpha to the beta version. It now references humans as well.

          Orc Blood: The description changed from the alpha to the beta version. It now references humans as well.

          Keen Senses ~ Halfling: The skill bonus should apply to "Perception (Sound)" instead of "Perception (Taste)".

          I also created a sill use called "Appraise (Nonmagical Precious Metals and Gems), and added the following modifier to the Greed ability:

          BONUS:SKILL|Appraise (Nonmagical Precious Metals and Gems)|3|TYPE=ClassSkill|PREMULT:2,[!PRECSKILL:1,Appraise],[PRESKILL:1,Appraise=1]

          Cheers,

          Sir George Anonymous
          Message 4 of 10 , May 31, 2009
            Thanks for the report. We'll look into getting those corrected.

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            ovka wrote:

            > Thanks, Andrew. Yeah, I'm looking forward to the final PF release. I just finally finished my 3.5e campaign last weekend, and so I'm finally getting a chance to review the PF beta. I like what I see so far.
            >

            >> Not being an original Alpha/Beta PF monkey, I don't know if those
            >> are
            >> simple Copy/paste holder overs or if something else was used. Some
            >> habits are hard to break :-).
            >>

            > It looks to me like they are holdovers from the alpha version.
            >

            >> Please, do point out any inconsistencies and the PF Team will look
            >> fix anything that is not proper. Though I would stress that the
            >> final
            >> version is coming down the pipe, and that the full PF team will be
            >> working on that version.
            >>

            > Here is what I'm seeing so far, just looking at the racial abilities (note some of these are nit-picky):
            >
            > Defensive Training ~ Dwarf: The word "monsters" is misspelled in the description.
            >
            > Stonecunning: The description changed from the alpha to the beta version. The Craft skill no longer applies. The word "floors" is misspelled in the description (blank space betwen f & l). The bonuses to the Craft skills should be removed.
            >
            > Elven Magic: The skill bonus should have "TYPE=Racial".
            >
            > Defensive Training ~ Gnome: The word "monsters" is misspelled in the description.
            >
            > Gnome Magic: The spells tag should have "CASTERLEVEL=TL" instead of "CASTERLEVEL=1".
            >
            > Hatred ~ Gnome: In the description, "subtype" should be "subtypes".
            >
            > Obsessive: Should provide a +2 bonus to a Profession or Craft skill. I tried to set this up using CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE=Craft|TYPE=Profession<tab>
            > SELECT:1<tab>
            > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2|TYPE=Racial
            > but this doesn't seem to work (though the docs indicate it should).
            >
            > Elf Blood: The description changed from the alpha to the beta version. It now references humans as well.
            >
            > Orc Blood: The description changed from the alpha to the beta version. It now references humans as well.
            >
            > Keen Senses ~ Halfling: The skill bonus should apply to "Perception (Sound)" instead of "Perception (Taste)".
            >
            > I also created a sill use called "Appraise (Nonmagical Precious Metals and Gems), and added the following modifier to the Greed ability:
            >
            > BONUS:SKILL|Appraise (Nonmagical Precious Metals and Gems)|3|TYPE=ClassSkill|PREMULT:2,[!PRECSKILL:1,Appraise],[PRESKILL:1,Appraise=1]
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Sir George Anonymous

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
            > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1, 2009
              Needs trackering?

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 1, 2009
                I was going to hit it up first, but sure, a tracker sounds great. :-)

                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 1, 2009
                  Okay
                  Tracker was:
                  2799582 PF Beta Set - Corrections
                  <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2799582&group_id=25576&atid=750091>

                  And I fixed it with:
                  Completed: At revision: 9911

                  Grab an autobuild tonight or build your own (if you've got the capability)

                  Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 2, 2009
                    I'm pretty sure I saw you cover this, let me know if not :)

                  • ovka
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 2, 2009

                      > Okay
                      > Tracker was:
                      > 2799582 PF Beta Set - Corrections
                      >
                      > And I fixed it with:
                      > Completed: At revision: 9911
                      >
                      > Grab an autobuild tonight or build your own (if you've got the
                      > capability)

                      Andrew,

                      I downloaded the data autobuild from the link at the bottom of your post, but none of the updates were in it. In fact, some of the PF files were older than the ones that came with the 5.16.0 download. Is there another place to get the autobuilds from? If so, we should update the group's links.

                      Cheers,

                      Sir George Anonymous
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 3, 2009
                        Odd, I need to find out what is going on then.
                        Sounds like the autobuilds are still grabbing the 5.16 branch instead of
                        the trunk.

                        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin