Fantasy_Character_Sheet

  • thaldorf
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2009
      Is there a way to print or export the Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html OS?

      My kudos to whoever did that, it looks awesome.
      Message 2 of 7 , May 30, 2009
        Yes, the instructions are from another post...

        -- From another POST:

        Glad you like the sheet. The answer is yes but it will take a little
        work. The Character Sheet tab uses html files for it's output so it's
        easy enough to to move the file so that it can be used in the standard
        export. The thing that makes the Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html file
        different from the rest is the use of graphics, because it's basically a
        web page the graphics have to be linked and if the file or graphics are
        moved relative to each other the link is broken and the graphics don't
        load. For this reason the sheet was created as a characters sheet tab only.

        That said there is a way you can export your character and view the
        sheet in a regular web browser. First thing to do is copy the sheet
        from: preview/d20/fantasy/Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html, to:
        outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml/. This will make the sheet show up in
        the list of sheets when you Export to Standard. The next part is
        important: when you export save it to the root folder where the
        pcgen.jar is, the linked graphics on the page work when the page is in
        that location. Alternatively you can copy this folder into the directory
        where you save you character sheets: preview/d20/fantasy/images/gold.
        You only need the content of the "gold" folder but you do need the
        folder structure of the path to it to match the path as it is in the
        PCGen folder.

        It's been a bit since I've worked with output and I
        forgot one detail: The output looks for a prefix in the name of the
        file, so add "csheet_" to the beginning of the name of the file and it should then show up in the list of sheets.

        Hope that's not too confusing, let us know how it goes.

        --- End Post

        Hope that helps.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        thaldorf wrote:
        > Is there a way to print or export the Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html OS?
        >
        > My kudos to whoever did that, it looks awesome.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
        > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 7 , May 31, 2009
          Andrew Maitland scribed:

          > That said there is a way you can export your character and view the
          > sheet in a regular web browser. First thing to do is copy the sheet
          > from: preview/d20/fantasy/Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html, to:
          > outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml/. This will make the sheet show up in
          > the list of sheets when you Export to Standard.

          I left out a detail when I first posted this: you also need to change the
          name of the sheet so it starts with "csheet_", that's how PCGen recognizes
          that it's an outputsheet.

          And thanks for the compliment, that's my baby :-)
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Board of Directors
          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2009
            I included the 'left out detail' post too. :P It's right at the end of
            the post. ;)

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            Eddy Anthony wrote:
            > Andrew Maitland scribed:
            >

            >> That said there is a way you can export your character and view the
            >> sheet in a regular web browser. First thing to do is copy the sheet
            >> from: preview/d20/fantasy/Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html, to:
            >> outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml/. This will make the sheet show up in
            >> the list of sheets when you Export to Standard.
            >>

            > I left out a detail when I first posted this: you also need to change the
            > name of the sheet so it starts with "csheet_", that's how PCGen recognizes
            > that it's an outputsheet.
            >
            > And thanks for the compliment, that's my baby :-)

          • Jeff Hoover
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009
              Not sure if this is the place for it, but I think I found a couple of minor errors.

              In terms of moving the file, you may also need to move the javascript directory...

              Then I also found:

              The body background color should be #730000, not #660000 in order to better match the other graphics.

              The dice images next to the stats are not linked properly. The src="' makes them not show up. ;)

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009
                Eddy, this is your baby, how bout you set it up as part of the allowable
                choices and such?

                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                Jeff Hoover wrote:
                > Not sure if this is the place for it, but I think I found a couple of minor errors.
                >
                > In terms of moving the file, you may also need to move the javascript directory...
                >
                > Then I also found:
                >
                > The body background color should be #730000, not #660000 in order to better match the other graphics.
                >
                > The dice images next to the stats are not linked properly. The src="' makes them not show up. ;)

                >> I included the 'left out detail' post too. :P It's right at the end of
                >> the post. ;)
                >>
                >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                >> Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
                >> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                >>

                >> Eddy Anthony wrote:
                >>
                >>> Andrew Maitland scribed:

                >>> I left out a detail when I first posted this: you also need to change the
                >>> name of the sheet so it starts with "csheet_", that's how PCGen recognizes
                >>> that it's an outputsheet.
                >>>
                >>> And thanks for the compliment, that's my baby :-)

                > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
                > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

              • Martijn Verburg
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009