no lich and ghost template?

  • Dariyan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28 12:19 PM
      okay so im wondering was the ghost template (monster manual 1) and the Lich template (libris mortis) left out on purpose? I really need these in PCGen, i have the books already, but its just a pain to go back and forth? If there are no data sets for these (seeing as wotc pulled the OGL) how would i import them?
      Message 2 of 4 , May 28 1:01 PM
        Hi Dariyan,

        Ghost and Lich are both present in the rsrd set, they are both templates
        you may apply to your critters.

        I have not look at the libris mortis set for the Lich, but I'm assuming
        it is also present.

        How are you looking for the templates?
        You can find them under RACE Tab, subtab TEMPLATES.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Dariyan wrote:
        > okay so im wondering was the ghost template (monster manual 1) and the Lich template (libris mortis) left out on purpose? I really need these in PCGen, i have the books already, but its just a pain to go back and forth? If there are no data sets for these (seeing as wotc pulled the OGL) how would i import them?

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
        > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

      • Eric C. Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , May 28 1:19 PM
          Hi Folks!

          Dariyan wrote:

          > okay so im wondering was the ghost template (monster manual
          > 1) and the Lich template (libris mortis) left out on purpose?

          As Andrew says, both the Lich and Ghost templates are included in
          the RSRD sets. I'll have to check the Lich template in Libris Mortis
          to see how it differs from that in the RSRD. If it is different, you will
          need to code it yourself, which we can provide some assistance with
          in the form of answers to specific rules implementation questions. We
          do ask though that you refrain from directly referencing closed content.

          > I really need these in PCGen, i have the books already, but its
          > just a pain to go back and forth? If there are no data sets for
          > these (seeing as wotc pulled the OGL) how would i import them?

          WotC did not pull the OGL. At this point they can't do that. They
          have, on the otherhand, decided to not release any addition
          material under the OGL. CMP was selling data sets for many of the
          WotC books, but their license was not renewed over two years ago
          and the sets have been unavailable since.

          But again, if you feel up to it, the folks here, but mostly on
          PCGenListFileHelp@Yahoo!, are available to answer specific
          implementation questions.

          Maredudd
        • Dariyan
          Message 4 of 4 , May 28 2:34 PM
            yeah i know sry bout that, being a dm is really annoying when u have a transdimensional storyline. I needed the ghost template and the lich one. aas in 3.5 and in dnd terms sorry for the confusion guys but tanks for the help.