Re: Having trouble making output list spells in each spellbook

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 7 , May 23 7:56 AM
      Hi Paul,

      Yes, the character has a spellbook and has placed spells in the spellbook... (or I *think* I have done that correctly...)

      Allen

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@> wrote:
      > >
      > > (I see I had this problem back in 2008...but not how we solved it!)
      > >
      > > Allen
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi there,
      > > >
      > > > I'm outputting with File|Print Preview and using statblock4, statblock4a, and statblock5.
      > > >
      > > > It used to list the contents of each spellbook along with the output. Lately it doesn't. I'm not sure if that corresponds to my switch from 5.14 to 5.16.
      > > >
      > > > Any thoughts? Is there some toggle I'm forgetting to toggle?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > > Allen
      > > >

      > I wonder if it might be because you don't have a "spellbook" equipment item? I rarely play spell casters that memorize so I might be going out on a limb.

    • allencohn
      Message 2 of 7 , May 23 8:10 AM
        I just noticed that statblock_SRD does successfully output the spells in each book, whereas statblock4, 4a, & 5 don't.

        Is it supposed to be that way?

        Allen

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@...> wrote:

        > Hi Paul,
        >
        > Yes, the character has a spellbook and has placed spells in the spellbook... (or I *think* I have done that correctly...)
        >
        > Allen

      • Jeff Hoover
        Message 3 of 7 , May 24 9:29 AM
          Hi Allen-

          I solved this by comparing the SpellBook sections in both. There were some rather minor differences, so I copied the block of text from The statblock_SRD and over wrote the one in statblock5 and it worked.

          FWIW, the differences that may have made the difference had to do with text modifiers (bold tags mostly as I recall) being at the beginning of lines with variables or other tag calls within PCGen.

          -jjh

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@...> wrote:

          > I just noticed that statblock_SRD does successfully output the spells in each book, whereas statblock4, 4a, & 5 don't.
          >
          > Is it supposed to be that way?
          >
          > Allen
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Paul,
          > >
          > > Yes, the character has a spellbook and has placed spells in the spellbook... (or I *think* I have done that correctly...)
          > >
          > > Allen

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009
            Trackered