FREQ/Suggestion: add spells/day output for sorcerers in Print Preview

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13 10:29 AM
      Hi there,

      I created an old white dragon with 5.16. I then did a File|Print Preview (which I like to do because it's easy to copy and paste into my Word documents). (I think it was defaulting to statblock format, though I don't recall where I make that choice for print preview)

      The preview listed all the known sorcerer spells...but did not include the spells/day for each level (that I could see).

      Allen
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13 10:34 AM
        Might I ask, why you don't export it as a PDF or HTML?

        2791311 add spells/day output for sorcerers in Print Preview
        <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2791311&group_id=25576&atid=748297>

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        allencohn wrote:
        > Hi there,
        >
        > I created an old white dragon with 5.16. I then did a File|Print Preview (which I like to do because it's easy to copy and paste into my Word documents). (I think it was defaulting to statblock format, though I don't recall where I make that choice for print preview)
        >
        > The preview listed all the known sorcerer spells...but did not include the spells/day for each level (that I could see).
        >
        > Allen

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
        > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

      • allencohn
        Message 3 of 5 , May 13 12:32 PM
          I certainly didn't compare and contrast extensively, but...

          I tried a few different ways of seeing the output: print preview, Preview, Character Sheet, Export to PDF, Export to standard (which I just figured out meant Export to HTML), and Print Preview is most convenient to me for this application.

          I copying and pasting into Word from Character Sheet, but the formatting wasn't preserved. I couldn't figure out how to make Preview into statblock format, so that was no good (and even if I did I'm not sure whether copy/paste would work any better than with Character Sheet).

          Exporting to PDF or HTML creates another file that I have to later erase.

          So Print Preview was the winner. Most of the formatting was preserved and no vestigial file to erase later.

          Does Print Preview work based on a template file? Perhaps I could make my own and customize it. I'd also like each item to list its value, and total value to help me with treasure distributions...

          Message 4 of 5 , May 13 12:38 PM
            That I do not know.

            I'm going to turf it off to someone that understands that part of the
            program better.

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            allencohn wrote:
            > I certainly didn't compare and contrast extensively, but...
            >
            > I tried a few different ways of seeing the output: print preview, Preview, Character Sheet, Export to PDF, Export to standard (which I just figured out meant Export to HTML), and Print Preview is most convenient to me for this application.
            >
            > I copying and pasting into Word from Character Sheet, but the formatting wasn't preserved. I couldn't figure out how to make Preview into statblock format, so that was no good (and even if I did I'm not sure whether copy/paste would work any better than with Character Sheet).
            >
            > Exporting to PDF or HTML creates another file that I have to later erase.
            >
            > So Print Preview was the winner. Most of the formatting was preserved and no vestigial file to erase later.
            >
            > Does Print Preview work based on a template file? Perhaps I could make my own and customize it. I'd also like each item to list its value, and total value to help me with treasure distributions...
            >
            > Allen

            >> Might I ask, why you don't export it as a PDF or HTML?
            >>
            >> 2791311 add spells/day output for sorcerers in Print Preview
            >> <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2791311&group_id=25576&atid=748297>
            >>
            >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            >> Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
            >> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
            >>

            >> allencohn wrote:
            >>
            >>> Hi there,
            >>>
            >>> I created an old white dragon with 5.16. I then did a File|Print Preview (which I like to do because it's easy to copy and paste into my Word documents). (I think it was defaulting to statblock format, though I don't recall where I make that choice for print preview)
            >>>
            >>> The preview listed all the known sorcerer spells...but did not include the spells/day for each level (that I could see).
            >>>
            >>> Allen
            >>>

            >>> ------------------------------------
            >>>
            >>> Related Lists
            >>> PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
            >>> PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

            >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
            > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 5 , May 13 2:37 PM
              Hi Allen,

              Print preview uses your selected HTML output sheet. So you can use any
              of the shipped HTML sheets, or even do one up of your own (or
              customise a shipped one). The CHaracter Sheet tab also uses a html
              sgheet as backing so you can use an of those as a starting point too.

              Selecting a sheet can be done in the output section of preferences or
              by exporting a character to html - the last html sheet used is then
              used for print preview.

              James Dempsey
              PCGen Code SB