Re: [pcgen] [From the BoD] M/R/SRD Errata Not to be Included in PCGen

  • Andrew Wilson
    Message 1 of 7 , May 13 4:51 AM
      2009/5/13 Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>:
      > After consideration, Wizards of the Coast has decided not to extend
      > PCGen permissions to include any errata not already incorporated into
      > the M/R/SRD.
      >
      > The Board thanks WotC for their consideration.

      Yet another customer service coup for WotC. Their commitment to their customer
      base is staggering.

      andrew
    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13 5:05 AM
        On Wednesday 13 May 2009 13:51:50 Andrew Wilson wrote:
        > Yet another customer service coup for WotC. Their commitment to their
        > customer base is staggering.

        I guess they don't consider people who still play D&D 3.5 customers anymore.
        Which probably is not far from the truth.

        Regards,
        Stefan
        (Ex-customer).
      • Michael W. Fender
        Message 3 of 7 , May 13 5:50 AM
          On Wednesday 13 May 2009 08:05:10 Stefan Radermacher wrote:
          > On Wednesday 13 May 2009 13:51:50 Andrew Wilson wrote:
          > > Yet another customer service coup for WotC. Their commitment to their
          > > customer base is staggering.
          >
          > I guess they don't consider people who still play D&D 3.5 customers
          > anymore. Which probably is not far from the truth.

          Let's be fair, [M/R]SRD isn't the same as 3.5, just very similar. Still, it's
          rather bad of them. "Yeah, we're not going to play with our toy anymore...
          NO YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH IT!!!"

          However, there isn't anything to preclude us from making our own home
          adjustments to *SRD content. Heck, I have homebrew stuff already for some
          erroneous stuff. Heh, I had to for one campaign where everyone was playing as
          an awakened animal. A cat sorcerer ain't worth squat without Weapon Finesse
          (which was erratad <sp?>) unless it comes with it.

          --
          Fluxxdog

          think.
        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 7 , May 13 6:03 AM
            On Wednesday 13 May 2009 14:50:21 Michael W. Fender wrote:
            > On Wednesday 13 May 2009 08:05:10 Stefan Radermacher wrote:
            > > On Wednesday 13 May 2009 13:51:50 Andrew Wilson wrote:
            > > > Yet another customer service coup for WotC. Their commitment to their
            > > > customer base is staggering.
            > >
            > > I guess they don't consider people who still play D&D 3.5 customers
            > > anymore. Which probably is not far from the truth.
            >
            > Let's be fair, [M/R]SRD isn't the same as 3.5, just very similar. Still,
            > it's rather bad of them. "Yeah, we're not going to play with our toy
            > anymore... NO YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH IT!!!"

            Same thing. They want people to play (and buy!) 4E, and 4E only. So they are
            not going to support anything else anymore in any way.

            Stefan.