[From the BoD] M/R/SRD Errata Not to be Included in PCGen

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , May 13, 2009
      After consideration, Wizards of the Coast has decided not to extend
      PCGen permissions to include any errata not already incorporated into
      the M/R/SRD.

      The Board thanks WotC for their consideration.

      Board of Directors
      PCGen
    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13, 2009
        On Wednesday 13 May 2009 12:51:54 Eric C Smith wrote:
        > After consideration, Wizards of the Coast has decided not to extend
        > PCGen permissions to include any errata not already incorporated into
        > the M/R/SRD.

        Not surprising, after all this would improve support for D&D 3.5, a system
        they'd prefer to bury as deep as possible.

        Regards,
        Stefan.
      • Michael W. Fender
        Message 3 of 7 , May 13, 2009
          On Wednesday 13 May 2009 06:51:54 Eric C Smith wrote:
          > After consideration, Wizards of the Coast has decided not to extend
          > PCGen permissions to include any errata not already incorporated into
          > the M/R/SRD.

          Figures as much.

          --
          Fluxxdog

          think.
        • Andrew Wilson
          Message 4 of 7 , May 13, 2009
            2009/5/13 Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>:
            > After consideration, Wizards of the Coast has decided not to extend
            > PCGen permissions to include any errata not already incorporated into
            > the M/R/SRD.
            >
            > The Board thanks WotC for their consideration.

            Yet another customer service coup for WotC. Their commitment to their customer
            base is staggering.

            andrew
          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 7 , May 13, 2009
              On Wednesday 13 May 2009 13:51:50 Andrew Wilson wrote:
              > Yet another customer service coup for WotC. Their commitment to their
              > customer base is staggering.

              I guess they don't consider people who still play D&D 3.5 customers anymore.
              Which probably is not far from the truth.

              Regards,
              Stefan
              (Ex-customer).
            • Michael W. Fender
              Message 6 of 7 , May 13, 2009
                On Wednesday 13 May 2009 08:05:10 Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                > On Wednesday 13 May 2009 13:51:50 Andrew Wilson wrote:
                > > Yet another customer service coup for WotC. Their commitment to their
                > > customer base is staggering.
                >
                > I guess they don't consider people who still play D&D 3.5 customers
                > anymore. Which probably is not far from the truth.

                Let's be fair, [M/R]SRD isn't the same as 3.5, just very similar. Still, it's
                rather bad of them. "Yeah, we're not going to play with our toy anymore...
                NO YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH IT!!!"

                However, there isn't anything to preclude us from making our own home
                adjustments to *SRD content. Heck, I have homebrew stuff already for some
                erroneous stuff. Heh, I had to for one campaign where everyone was playing as
                an awakened animal. A cat sorcerer ain't worth squat without Weapon Finesse
                (which was erratad <sp?>) unless it comes with it.

                --
                Fluxxdog

                think.
              • Stefan Radermacher
                Message 7 of 7 , May 13, 2009
                  On Wednesday 13 May 2009 14:50:21 Michael W. Fender wrote:
                  > On Wednesday 13 May 2009 08:05:10 Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                  > > On Wednesday 13 May 2009 13:51:50 Andrew Wilson wrote:
                  > > > Yet another customer service coup for WotC. Their commitment to their
                  > > > customer base is staggering.
                  > >
                  > > I guess they don't consider people who still play D&D 3.5 customers
                  > > anymore. Which probably is not far from the truth.
                  >
                  > Let's be fair, [M/R]SRD isn't the same as 3.5, just very similar. Still,
                  > it's rather bad of them. "Yeah, we're not going to play with our toy
                  > anymore... NO YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH IT!!!"

                  Same thing. They want people to play (and buy!) 4E, and 4E only. So they are
                  not going to support anything else anymore in any way.

                  Stefan.