PCGen Team taking a break (one week)

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13 3:41 AM
      Hi all,

      I just wanted to inform the community that I've asked all of the PCGen team to take a voluntary 1-week break from PCGen.

      Many of the team are simply overworked on this project and with the recent release of 5.16.0 I'm worried for the health of the Simians!

      So please be patient with us for the next week as we go into "Go Slow" mode.

      The Ninja Monkeys will still be patrolling, so don't think you can get away with any mischief ;).

      Needless to say, new volunteers are more than welcome on this project :), please contact me directly if you wish to do so!

      Karianna
      Chair Monkey - PCGen
    • Keith Davies
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13 11:52 AM
        On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 10:41 +0000, Martijn Verburg wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I just wanted to inform the community that I've asked all of the PCGen team to take a voluntary 1-week break from PCGen.
        >
        > Many of the team are simply overworked on this project and with the recent release of 5.16.0 I'm worried for the health of the Simians!
        >
        > So please be patient with us for the next week as we go into "Go Slow" mode.

        Good plan. After the last couple of releases of our software at work, I
        I had us go into 'lights on' mode (do only what's needed to keep the
        lights on) and otherwise tune out for a couple of weeks. It's easy to
        want to keep the pace before a release and keepgoingkeepgoingkeepgoing,
        but it's not really all that helpful most of the time.

        Keit
        --
        Keith Davies "I think everyone in a 4e D&D world must
        keith.davies@... have a huuuuuge fear of heights."
        Message 3 of 5 , May 13 12:19 PM
          Yeah, this monkey won't be taking the break. I have several projects I
          still need to do. Some with deadlines.

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          Keith Davies wrote:
          > On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 10:41 +0000, Martijn Verburg wrote:
          >
          >> Hi all,
          >>
          >> I just wanted to inform the community that I've asked all of the PCGen team to take a voluntary 1-week break from PCGen.
          >>
          >> Many of the team are simply overworked on this project and with the recent release of 5.16.0 I'm worried for the health of the Simians!
          >>
          >> So please be patient with us for the next week as we go into "Go Slow" mode.
          >>

          > Good plan. After the last couple of releases of our software at work, I
          > I had us go into 'lights on' mode (do only what's needed to keep the
          > lights on) and otherwise tune out for a couple of weeks. It's easy to
          > want to keep the pace before a release and keepgoingkeepgoingkeepgoing,
          > but it's not really all that helpful most of the time.
          >
          > Keit

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 5 , May 13 1:48 PM
            But you _will_ take one shortly afterwards yes? Good, that's settled then ;).

            > Yeah, this monkey won't be taking the break. I have several projects
            > I still need to do. Some with deadlines.
            >
            > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
            >

            > Keith Davies wrote:
            > > On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 10:41 +0000, Martijn Verburg wrote:
            > >
            > >> Hi all,
            > >>
            > >> I just wanted to inform the community that I've asked all of the PCGen team to take a voluntary 1-week break from PCGen.
            > >>
            > >> Many of the team are simply overworked on this project and with the recent release of 5.16.0 I'm worried for the health of the Simians!
            > >>
            > >> So please be patient with us for the next week as we go into "Go Slow" mode.
            > >>

            > > Good plan. After the last couple of releases of our software at work, I
            > > I had us go into 'lights on' mode (do only what's needed to keep the
            > > lights on) and otherwise tune out for a couple of weeks. It's easy to
            > > want to keep the pace before a release and keepgoingkeepgoingkeepgoing,
            > > but it's not really all that helpful most of the time.
            > >
            > > Keit

          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 5 , May 28 12:35 AM
              Hi all,

              I've asked the team to come back and help me with the Ninja Monkeys again. I imagine normal service and traffic levels on the boards will resume in the next couple of days :).

              Thanks all for supporting us!

              Karianna
              Chair Monkey - PCGen