Re: Not sure how to use Treasure Generator

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 9 , May 12, 2009
      Hi Paul,

      Are you saying that that functionality works now (and I just haven't figured out how to do it) or that that is something for the future?

      Thanks,
      Allen

      > There's no reason why a clipped version of the statblock couldn't be made for this.
      >
      > Paul G.

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 9 , May 12, 2009
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@...> wrote:

        > Hi Paul,
        >
        > Are you saying that that functionality works now (and I just haven't figured out how to do it) or that that is something for the future?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Allen
        >

        > > There's no reason why a clipped version of the statblock couldn't be made for this.
        > >
        > > Paul G.

        If you apply the treasure kit and then export the character using the text statblock it should give you the treasure listed in the equipment section.

        It would just also include some character info from your incomplete character.

        Although I just discovered a possible issue. None of the gem's in the RSRD have base costs on them.
      • allencohn
        Message 3 of 9 , May 13, 2009
          OK...please walk me through this as I'm not as familiar with PCGen functionality:

          "If you apply the treasure kit and then export the character using the text
          statblock it should give you the treasure listed in the equipment section.

          It would just also include some character info from your incomplete character.

          Although I just discovered a possible issue. None of the gem's in the RSRD have
          base costs on them."

          When you say "apply the treasure kit" what do you mean? Do you mean Toole|Treasure Generator?

          And what would I be applying the treasure kit to? Are you suggesting that I create a blank new character just to hold the output of the treasure generator?

          When you write, "export the character usng the text statblock" do you mean Files|Export|to Text? (And which template should I use?)

          Thanks,
          Allen
        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2009
            Bump, is there a treasure generator expert around?