Not sure how to use Treasure Generator

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 9 , May 11 7:40 AM
      Hi everyone.

      I'd like to use the treasure generator, but I'm not sure to use it. For example, I set it to a CR10 Treasure and it generates:

      Coin (Gold)
      Gem (Tiger Eye)
      Gem (Agate (Moss))
      Gem (Chrysoberyl)
      Gem (Jade)
      Gem (Alexandrite)
      Gem (Bloodstone)
      Gem (Star Sapphire (Black))
      Wand (Acid Arrow)
      Potion (Oil of Invisibility)

      Why doesn't it specify quantity and GP value for the first 8 items? Am I operating it incorrectly?

      Many thanks,
      Allen
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 9 , May 11 7:24 PM
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone.
        >
        > I'd like to use the treasure generator, but I'm not sure to use it. For example, I set it to a CR10 Treasure and it generates:
        >
        > Coin (Gold)
        > Gem (Tiger Eye)
        > Gem (Agate (Moss))
        > Gem (Chrysoberyl)
        > Gem (Jade)
        > Gem (Alexandrite)
        > Gem (Bloodstone)
        > Gem (Star Sapphire (Black))
        > Wand (Acid Arrow)
        > Potion (Oil of Invisibility)
        >
        > Why doesn't it specify quantity and GP value for the first 8 items? Am I operating it incorrectly?
        >
        > Many thanks,
        > Allen

        If you look at the monster's inventory it should list the gems in the coin's section with the ammounts that they are worth I believe.
      • allencohn
        Message 3 of 9 , May 11 10:02 PM
          Thanks, Paul.

          I played with it and it kind of, sort of works. It does get added to the character's inventory...but you only see it once you toggle back and forth between screens. (That confused me for a while.)

          Does anyone know if there's a way to make PCGen generate a random treasure not in the context of a character? (When I'm writing adventures, sometimes I just want to generate a treasure hoard and then copy and paste it into a separate document...)

          Thanks,
          Allen

          Message 4 of 9 , May 11 10:05 PM
            Possible in GMGen, though I've never done that so take with a grain of salt.

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            allencohn wrote:
            > Thanks, Paul.
            >
            > I played with it and it kind of, sort of works. It does get added to the character's inventory...but you only see it once you toggle back and forth between screens. (That confused me for a while.)
            >
            > Does anyone know if there's a way to make PCGen generate a random treasure not in the context of a character? (When I'm writing adventures, sometimes I just want to generate a treasure hoard and then copy and paste it into a separate document...)
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Allen
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:
            >
            >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@> wrote:
            >>
            >>> Hi everyone.
            >>>
            >>> I'd like to use the treasure generator, but I'm not sure to use it. For example, I set it to a CR10 Treasure and it generates:
            >>>
            >>> Coin (Gold)
            >>> Gem (Tiger Eye)
            >>> Gem (Agate (Moss))
            >>> Gem (Chrysoberyl)
            >>> Gem (Jade)
            >>> Gem (Alexandrite)
            >>> Gem (Bloodstone)
            >>> Gem (Star Sapphire (Black))
            >>> Wand (Acid Arrow)
            >>> Potion (Oil of Invisibility)
            >>>
            >>> Why doesn't it specify quantity and GP value for the first 8 items? Am I operating it incorrectly?
            >>>
            >>> Many thanks,
            >>> Allen
            >>>

            >> If you look at the monster's inventory it should list the gems in the coin's section with the ammounts that they are worth I believe.

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
            > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

          • Paul
            Message 5 of 9 , May 12 2:58 AM
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@...> wrote:

              > Thanks, Paul.
              >
              > I played with it and it kind of, sort of works. It does get added to the character's inventory...but you only see it once you toggle back and forth between screens. (That confused me for a while.)
              >
              > Does anyone know if there's a way to make PCGen generate a random treasure not in the context of a character? (When I'm writing adventures, sometimes I just want to generate a treasure hoard and then copy and paste it into a separate document...)
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Allen

              There's no reason why a clipped version of the statblock couldn't be made for this.

              Paul G.
            • allencohn
              Message 6 of 9 , May 12 8:30 AM
                Hi Paul,

                Are you saying that that functionality works now (and I just haven't figured out how to do it) or that that is something for the future?

                Thanks,
                Allen

                > There's no reason why a clipped version of the statblock couldn't be made for this.
                >
                > Paul G.

              • Paul
                Message 7 of 9 , May 12 6:32 PM
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Paul,
                  >
                  > Are you saying that that functionality works now (and I just haven't figured out how to do it) or that that is something for the future?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Allen
                  >

                  > > There's no reason why a clipped version of the statblock couldn't be made for this.
                  > >
                  > > Paul G.

                  If you apply the treasure kit and then export the character using the text statblock it should give you the treasure listed in the equipment section.

                  It would just also include some character info from your incomplete character.

                  Although I just discovered a possible issue. None of the gem's in the RSRD have base costs on them.
                • allencohn
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 13 8:57 AM
                    OK...please walk me through this as I'm not as familiar with PCGen functionality:

                    "If you apply the treasure kit and then export the character using the text
                    statblock it should give you the treasure listed in the equipment section.

                    It would just also include some character info from your incomplete character.

                    Although I just discovered a possible issue. None of the gem's in the RSRD have
                    base costs on them."

                    When you say "apply the treasure kit" what do you mean? Do you mean Toole|Treasure Generator?

                    And what would I be applying the treasure kit to? Are you suggesting that I create a blank new character just to hold the output of the treasure generator?

                    When you write, "export the character usng the text statblock" do you mean Files|Export|to Text? (And which template should I use?)

                    Thanks,
                    Allen
                  • Martijn Verburg
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 1, 2009
                      Bump, is there a treasure generator expert around?