New PCGen Yahoo Group for Developers

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28 9:36 PM
      New Yahoo Group created at James request:

      email: pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com

      Feel free to join if you're interested in matters of the future code
      development of PCGen, also our Code and Arch monkeys hang out here.
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30 5:31 PM
        I want to implement a new Iterative Attack houserule, using this thread
        from EnWorld:

        http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-rules-discussion/248004-iterative-attacks.html

        Simply put:

        * At 6th level, you get a 2nd attack, but both attacks suffer a -2
        penalty (-2/-2 instead of 0/-5).
        * At 11th level, the penalty drops to -1/-1 (instead of 0/-5/-10).
        * At 16th level, the penalty drops to -0/-0 (instead of 0/-5/-10/-20).

        I can limit the number of attacks by changing BABMAXATT:x in the
        miscinfo.lst under the gamemode. What I can't figure out how to do is
        keep the 5 level change but not the -5 penalty. It seems that
        BABATTCYC:x is used for both. If this is true, I would like to have a
        Freq to 'split out' that token..

        Or is there some other way to do this?

        David
        Papa.DRB

        Grognard <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Grognard.html>
        My better half and me
        <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30 5:39 PM

          Could you do something like the two weapon fighting feat?

          Cheers,
          James.

          2009/5/1 David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...>:
          > I want to implement a new Iterative Attack houserule, using this thread
          > from EnWorld:
          >
          > http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-rules-discussion/248004-iterative-attacks.html
          >
          > Simply put:
          >
          >    * At 6th level, you get a 2nd attack, but both attacks suffer a -2
          >      penalty (-2/-2 instead of 0/-5).
          >    * At 11th level, the penalty drops to -1/-1 (instead of 0/-5/-10).
          >    * At 16th level, the penalty drops to -0/-0 (instead of 0/-5/-10/-20).
          >
          > I can limit the number of attacks by changing BABMAXATT:x in the
          > miscinfo.lst under the gamemode. What I can't figure out how to do is
          > keep the 5 level change but not the -5 penalty. It seems that
          > BABATTCYC:x is used for both. If this is true, I would like to have a
          > Freq to 'split out' that token..
          >
          > Or is there some other way to do this?
          >
          > David
          > Papa.DRB
        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30 5:57 PM
            Hmmm... I was going to use something like that for just the 0/-5, but I
            think I can expand that concept. Yea, that just might work.. Thanks!

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 30 6:03 PM
              This belongs on the ListHelp group. But the answer is simple if you go
              with the KISS method:

              You'll need to work it out since the penalties don't act the same as
              bonus tags. I'd recommend a group of abilities, but the concept can be
              seen in this tag.

              BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|-2|PREATT:6

              You'll need to modify the PCC file to limit the attack progression to
              just 1 additional attack. Since it determines the max attacks (miscinfo.lst)

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin