[From the BoD] PCGen Once again heads to Gen Con and Needs Your Help

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2009
      Greeting to the PCGen Community from PCGen's Board of Directors.

      PCGen's trip to Gen Con in 2008 was a great success with the PCGen
      team making some good contacts and spreading the word of PCGen
      further throughout the RPG community and we're hoping for a repeat
      performance this year, so you will find us in booth #1925 at Gen Con
      2009. We are gearing up for the party, but we need your help.

      The call has already gone out for folks to help man the booth but we
      will need some cold hard coin to make the trip possible. We have a
      number of essential expenses which we are looking for help in
      covering. You can see some of what we are planning here:

      <http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?
      title=PCGen_Goes_to_Gen_Con_2009!>

      So, if you've ever thought of donating to PCGen, we humbly suggest
      that now is a pretty good time to do so! Stop by PCGen's SourceForge
      Donations page and contribute as much as you can:

      <http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=25576>

      Or, if you prefer, you can donate the money directly to PCGen's
      PayPal account:

      <pcgenpaypal@...>

      Our munificent Chair Monkey is so excited about PCGen going to Gen
      Con this year that he has once again decided to match every donation
      made in this cause with an equal donation! Come on out, donate to the
      cause, and help Kar feel the love!

      We look forward to seeing everyone this year at booth #1925!

      PCGen Board of Directors
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2009
        Hi all,

        A quick "Thanks!" to two very generous donations that have come in so far. The Ninja Monkeys are a little less happy as I've matched each one of those donation $ for $, which naturally comes out of their pay packet (it pays to not let them get complacent ;p).

        So that's already $200 x 2 = $400 we've raised so far!

        Of course this _is_ your chance to get back at the Ninja monkeys by hitting them where it hurts, so don't hesitate to make them suffer!