PCGen v5.16.0 Released!

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2009
      PCGen, already the worlds most flexible d20 character generation and
      maintenance software, just got better as the PCGen Team releases
      PCGen v5.16.0!

      Download your free copy of PCGen here:

      https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25576

      Version 5.16.0 is PCGen's latest stable release and brings to the
      PCGen community some great new features, the two biggest being the
      Automated Data Converter and full support for Paizo's Pathfinder RPG
      Beta Playtest edition.

      The Automated Data Converter is a separate program that will take any
      data set, written in clean v5.14.1 syntax, and translate it to the
      latest syntax. This will make updating homebrew data sets easier, in
      turn making it easier for the PCGen user base to move to the latest
      version of PCGen. Users with older data sets won't be able to use the
      data converter but there are other tools to assist in the conversion
      of the older sets. More information can be found at http://
      groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/.

      One of the major goals of this release was to bring to PCGen full
      support for Paizo's Pathfinder RPG Beta Playtest Edition and the
      PCGen team is proud to say that goal has been achieved! PCGen Users
      can now create and maintain characters for the Pathfinder RPG. Simply
      launch PCGen v5.16.0 and under the "Setting" menu change the
      "GameMode" to "Pathfinder" and your ready to load the Pathfinder RPG
      Bete Playtest data set. The PCGen code base supports the full set of
      rules constructs and the data set supporting the Pathfinder RPG rules
      is a strong Alpha.

      In addition to the new Pathfinder RPG Beta Playtest data set, the
      PCGen team has added 31 other new data sets. Among these new data
      sets are the first three Pathfinder Adventure Paths from Paizo
      Publishing Inc., Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne,
      and Second Darkness.

      To see the full list of improvements check out the release notes here:

      https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?
      docid=174265&group_id=25576

      PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20
      systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified
      by users for their own campaigns. For more information about PCGen,
      join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/ or visit our website
      at http://pcgen.sourceforge.net and wiki at http://www.pcgen-test.org/
      wiki.

      This software uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo
      Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy.
      We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this
      content. This software is not published, endorsed, or specifically
      approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's
      Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more
      information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit
      paizo.com.
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2009
        Hi all,

        Well this is a great day for PCGen!

        I'd like to personally thank the entire team for the incredible amounts of hard work that they've put in for this release.

        I'd also like to thank _you_, the community for the amazing feedback that you've given us in the Alpha, Beta and RC stages of this release. We couldn't have done it without you.

        Now please make those SF servers suffer by downloading 5.16.0 today!

        Karianna
        One very happy Chair Monkey!