Re: [pcgen] Re: SPELLLIST in 5.16

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2009
      Oh, now we're getting to the more complex and harder stuff.

      If this is 'pre-existing' class, then it's a lot harder. Currently
      SPELLLEVEL does not handle LIST or CHOICE.

      If the class advances based on another class, then this is truly a
      'think outside the box' scenario.

      Best case is to code up what you use. The 2nd best is code up the stuff
      you'll likely use.

      Depending on how you want to achieve the end result will dictate the
      strategy you use.

      Me, if I had the multiple choice class. I'd do it this way:

      CLASS:My Class <> BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|My Class|CL <> SPELLLIST:1|My Class
      1 <> ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Domain 1|PREVAREQ:Foo,1
      etc. for the class stuff

      in the ability
      Domain 1 <> SPELLLEVEL:My Class=1|Spell 1,Spell 2|My Class=2|Spell 3,Spell 4

      Now say I know the class I'm bonusing is Cleric, and I want the levels
      to match, I'll do another ability with PRECLASS:1,Cleric with a
      BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|My Class|var('CL=Cleric')

      So, now I will have two separate class lists Cleric and My Class, but My
      Class will have the same Caster Level as the Cleric plus the level of
      the Prestige Class.

      Does that make sense?

      Now, since I don't know anything about the prestige class, that's about
      all I can offer at this point. You may get a few more tips and advice
      but that is about the extent we can do. If you need something specific,
      feel free to ask. At this point, the programming becomes how well you
      think outside the box and within the confines of the rules. Hopefully
      within another year these types of issues will be handled easily. (CDOM
      Migration). Able to add to spelllists on the fly, and such.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin