Re: [pcgen] [BUG] [Trackered] Missing DEFINE for Loremaster?

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
      Tir Gwaith scribed:

      >>> I'm not sure if this is the ideal solution, but adding
      >>> 'DEFINE:SecretLore|0' to the first level line for Loremaster in
      >>> 'rsrd_classes_prestige.lst' corrected the issue, so I presume it was
      >>> just missed in coding.
      >>
      >> Thanks for the heads up!  Tested in 5.16.0 RC1 and, yeah, no qualifications,
      >> even with a 20 INT.
      >>
      >> Trackered at:
      >> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2727410&group_id=25576&atid=
      >> 750091
      >
      > Missed the tracker, so I didn't include it on the commit comments.
      > Fixed in R.9818, both in Trunk and 5.16 branch.
      >
      > Now to go close the tracker. :)

      Um, the DEFINE isn't missing, it exists in the Secret Lore ability. The bug
      is that that ability is only granted at level 2, it needs to be granted at
      level 1.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Board of Directors
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
        BTW: SecertLore VAR is used for 2 different abilities - qualifying for
        the Secerts and the Lore ability (basically, Bardic Knowledge with a
        new name and no stacking). I'm wondering if that should be broken out
        separately.. If we do that, it should be in Trunk for the next cycle,
        methinks.

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
          On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
          > Tir Gwaith scribed:

          >>> Thanks for the heads up!  Tested in 5.16.0 RC1 and, yeah, no qualifications,
          >>> even with a 20 INT.
          >>>
          >>> Trackered at:
          >>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2727410&group_id=25576&atid=
          >>> 750091
          >>
          >> Missed the tracker, so I didn't include it on the commit comments.
          >> Fixed in R.9818, both in Trunk and 5.16 branch.
          >>
          >> Now to go close the tracker. :)
          >
          > Um, the DEFINE isn't missing, it exists in the Secret Lore ability. The bug
          > is that that ability is only granted at level 2, it needs to be granted at
          > level 1.

          No, that ability is granted at level 2, and shouldn't be at level 1.
          The Bug is in that the DEFINE was moved to the Ability, since the same
          VAR is used for 2 different features of the Loremaster: the Secrets
          (every odd level) and the Lore ability on level 2.

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Susan Dittmar
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 3, 2009
            Quoting Tir Gwaith (Tir.Gwaith@...):
            > BTW: SecertLore VAR is used for 2 different abilities - qualifying for
            > the Secerts and the Lore ability (basically, Bardic Knowledge with a
            > new name and no stacking). I'm wondering if that should be broken out
            > separately.. If we do that, it should be in Trunk for the next cycle,
            > methinks.

            I think it should be broken into two variables. I think I remember a class
            that gains only one of those two things.

            Susan