Getting pcgen started on a 64-bit OS

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2009
      I got a Vista Home Premium 64 bits with tje Java runtime 6 version 13 installed

      Pcgen 5141 won't start on this

      What arguments can I verify in order to get it started ?
    • thaldorf
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2009
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Hans" <jpajacobs@...> wrote:

        > I got a Vista Home Premium 64 bits with tje Java runtime 6 version 13
        installed

        > Pcgen 5141 won't start on this
        >
        > What arguments can I verify in order to get it started ?

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Hans" <jpajacobs@...> wrote:

        > I got a Vista Home Premium 64 bits with tje Java runtime 6 version 13
        installed

        > Pcgen 5141 won't start on this
        >
        > What arguments can I verify in order to get it started ?

        Are you using JRE 6u13-windows-i586-p-s?

        If that is the case PCGen will not start, at least that was my case (I'm
        using Windows 7). YOU NEED JRE 6u13-windows-x64.

        You can find it here:

        java 64
        <https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Sit\
        e/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=jre-6u13-oth-JPR@CDS-CD\