Saying hello

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2009
      First off wanted to say I just got pcgen and I absolutely love it, makes it much easier to figure out where things come from and whip them up quickly instead of slogging through the mountain of books.

      One question I had was is there any idea when the Unearthed Arcana information will be available. Or if it is, what do I need to load to get it. We're starting up a game in which one of the players wants to take some paragon levels and he is the only one who I can't completely keep track of in pcgen.

      Thanks for all your hard work!

      ~Mike
    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2009
        On Thursday 02 April 2009 15:20:03 Mike wrote:
        > First off wanted to say I just got pcgen and I absolutely love it, makes it
        > much easier to figure out where things come from and whip them up quickly
        > instead of slogging through the mountain of books.

        Handy program isn't it?

        > One question I had was is there any idea when the Unearthed Arcana
        > information will be available. Or if it is, what do I need to load to get
        > it. We're starting up a game in which one of the players wants to take
        > some paragon levels and he is the only one who I can't completely keep
        > track of in pcgen.

        To my knowledge, we're not using Unearthed Arcana. The why may have a lot to
        do with it being a WotC product. May need someone a little bit more in the
        know about this than me.

        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.
      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2009
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:
          > > One question I had was is there any idea when the Unearthed Arcana
          > > information will be available. Or if it is, what do I need to load to get
          > > it. We're starting up a game in which one of the players wants to take
          > > some paragon levels and he is the only one who I can't completely keep
          > > track of in pcgen.
          >
          > To my knowledge, we're not using Unearthed Arcana.

          The publisher status for items can be found in our documentation, the latest from the autobuild is here:
          http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/acknowledgments/publishersandsources.html#publishers

          This shows we can use the OGL parts of Unearthed Arcana.

          Following that train of thought, we have a Source Development Tracker:
          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1023895&group_id=25576&atid=679269

          We'll need to check with the data monkey that is working the dataset (Tir) to find the status.

          TP.