Re: [pcgen] From the Board of Directors: PCGen and the Paizo Community Use Policy

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 15, 2009
      Hi Tir,

      Tir inquired:
      > >> Where in the Community Use Policy do we have to attach it to each
      > >> object?
      > >>

      > > No where. Looking into the issue further this was my
      > > misinterptrataion of how PCGen handled things. As it stands, using
      > > the INFOTEXT tag will suffice for what we need.
      > >
      > > Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.
      >
      > Eric,
      >
      > Do we need it on the OS sheets when using Paizo's stuff? We could
      > probably have a trigger based on each source defining a var "ISPAIZO"
      > or something, checking on the OS sheets, and displaying the required
      > text on the OS....

      My previous statement about including the disclaimer with each LST
      object was based partly on the hour last night when I made the post,
      the long hours I've been working lately, and as I said before, a
      misunderstanding on my part in how we identified PI. After reviewing
      the correspondences I have had with publishers as they relate to our
      current practices, I realized that I had too tight of an
      interpretation. It certainly would clearly identify which material is
      PI, but no publishers I have communicated with have explicitly asked
      for that level of identification.

      > Character sheet is a form, and is something that is passed around. I
      > don't think we need it in the data, but from the reading, we might
      > need it on the Output sheets.

      Hmmm, that is an interesting point. One that we may need to look into.

      ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
      ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Tamarin
      ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon
      ~ Tracker Gibbon