Re: [pcgen] Re: [BUG]Keen & Improved Crit

  • Michael W. Fender
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15, 2009
      On Saturday 14 March 2009 23:42:09 Paul wrote:
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
      > > > Hi Paul,
      > > >
      > > > On 15/03/2009 2:07 PM Paul wrote

      > > > Yes, that's a long standing code deficiency - the bonus system can't
      > > > reconcile the two sources and only choose the highest.
      > > >
      > > > See
      > > > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1196094&group
      > > >_id=25576&atid=384719 1196094 - [RSRD] Keen stacks with improved
      > > > critical
      > > >
      > > > Cheers,
      > > > James.
      > >
      > > It's not using the highest, it's using both. So then what is the point of
      > > both of the feat and the equipmod using the same TYPE for the variable.
      >
      > Also I distinctly remember this working in the past.

      Here's what gets me: The way I'm reading it, Improved Critical has:
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITRANGEDOUBLE|1|TYPE=NonStackingCrit
      ...and the Keen mod has:
      BONUS:EQMWEAPON|CRITRANGEDOUBLE|1|TYPE=NonStackingCrit

      Couldn't that be considered as 2 different bonuses? The way the bonuses seem
      coded are:
      BONUS:PRIMARY|Secondary|##|TYPE=
      ...and since they're different primaries, they're considered different
      bonuses. According to the tracker, from boomer70:
      "The code more often than simply adds the various bonuses sequentially. This
      is only a problem when there is more than one way to bonus the same property
      but that is common when it comes to combat related stuff."
      ... Can PCGen be coded to amass different bonuses to a property, regardless of
      PRIMARY, and then compare types?

      --
      Fluxxdog

      think.