Re: [pcgen] Re: Unable to load character from 5.14.1 to 5.15.14

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 7, 2009
      Hi,

      Yep, that's pretty much spot on.

      To fix it, turn off the "Load sources with characters" option in
      preferences and then load sources from under just one of the Complete,
      Campaign or Partial branches under the RSRD - they are each different
      views of the same thing.

      BTW: One of the big improvements in 5.16 will be that it guides you on
      which combinations are valid and also has an optional simplified source

      Cheers,.
      James.

      On 8/03/2009 12:20 PM David R. Bender wrote
      > I am not a Java coder so if one of the coders wants to chime in, please
      > do.... However it looks to me that you are trying to load everything
      > (all the Duplicates) and you are running out of Java heap.
      >
      > What is the command that you use to call PCGen?
      >
      > Something along the lines of:
      > java -jar -Xms128m -Xmx512m pcgen.jar
      >
      > David
      > Papa.DRB
      >
      > Grognard <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Grognard.html>
      > My better half and me
      > <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
      > The Internet: Because None of Us Are As Dumb as All of Us
      >

      > teaming5 wrote:
      >
      >> This is everything that I can capture.
      >> =======
      >> 15:06:29.417 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 LstObjectFileLoader:245 WARNING: Duplicate
      >> object name: TRAP_ONSET_4
      >> Orignal: file:/C:/Program%20Files/PCGen%2051514/PCGen51514/data/d20ogl/srd35/bas
      >> ics/rsrd_equipmods_base.lst
      >> Duplicate: file:/C:/Program%20Files/PCGen%2051514/PCGen51514/data/d20ogl/srd35/b
      >> asics/rsrd_equipmods_base.lst
      >> WARNING: Not loading duplicate.
      >> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spa
      >> ce

    • teaming5
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 7, 2009
        That did the trick.