Re: [pcgen] Anyone willing to help me mod D20Modern standard html output sheet?

  • Susan Dittmar
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
      Hi Dennis,

      there's a flag somewhere in the preferences where you can have carried
      weapons be treated as equipped. Does that help?

      Susan

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
        Hi Dennis,
        The standard sheet outputs a weapon block for all weapons, equipped
        or carried. What might be confusing you is that only three weapons are
        printed on the left side of the first page (or the top of the page as
        this is html), you should find the rest further down the page.

        Which 3 weapons appear on the first three blocks is determined by output
        order which you can set on the Gear tab. In Inventory/Gear on the right
        window which has the list of all you stuff you should see a column
        labled "Order", If you don't see this click the little square with 3
        dots in it in the top right corner of the window to unhide this column.
        You can then click on the number and manually change it to what you want.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Board of Directors
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
          Actually, I was able to get something that works the way I wanted it to. I created a copy of the standard html file and stripped out all references to weapons and equipment. I then took the equipment html output sheet and created two copies. In one, I stripped out all references to weapons and armor and in the other, I stripped out all references to non-weapon and non-armor equipment. This allows me to output a standard character sheet, a sheet that lists all weapons and their combat stats...including unarmed strike, club, pistol-whip, etc, and a sheet that has a listing of all other non-combat related goods. This way the equipment list isn't cluttered up by "virtual equipment" needed to fill out the list of a character's potential attacks.

          > Hi Dennis,
          > The standard sheet outputs a weapon block for all weapons, equipped
          > or carried. What might be confusing you is that only three weapons are
          > printed on the left side of the first page (or the top of the page as
          > this is html), you should find the rest further down the page.
          >
          > Which 3 weapons appear on the first three blocks is determined by output
          > order which you can set on the Gear tab. In Inventory/Gear on the right
          > window which has the list of all you stuff you should see a column
          > labled "Order", If you don't see this click the little square with 3
          > dots in it in the top right corner of the window to unhide this column.
          > You can then click on the number and manually change it to what you want.
          >
          > dloyer4 wrote:
          > > Currently on the left side of the sheet, are the attack and damage
          > > data for the weapons a character has. The problem is that it only
          > > shows information for weapons the character has "in hand". My players
          > > use printed copies, not electronic copies, so they can't go in and
          > > adjust their "loadout" on the fly. So they generally don't "equip"
          > > their gear at all, they simply shove everything into the "default set"
          > > as "carried" and then export to an .html file and print the list of
          > > stuff they have. Luckily this output file lists all the combat data
          > > for each weapon, so that's not a problem.
          > >
          > > However, there are a couple of attacks that I'd like to see listed on
          > > the standard sheet beneath the unarmed attack line, but I can't figure
          > > out how to do it. Since all characters get a simple weapons
          > > proficiency, I'd like to see a club listed (both melee and thrown),
          > > since that's likely what a character would pick up in an emergency to
          > > defend themselves, and if the character owns a pistol or rifle, I'd
          > > like to see pistol whip and/or rifle butt listed. Now, I can un-equip
          > > the regular items, and simply equip these "virtual" items, however,
          > > the sheet will only list those weapons that are in hand at the time
          > > the file is exported.
          > >
          > > So, what I'd like to do, is modify the d20modern_std.htm to list all
          > > weapons carried (with stats figured as if they were in the character's
          > > primary hand), instead of just the single weapon actually in hand.
          > >
          > > Does that make sense?
          > >
          > > Anyone willing to give me a hand, or point me in the right direction?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Dennis
          > >

          > --
          > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          > ~ PCGen Board of Directors
          > ~ Content Silverback, Chair Second

        • Brad Stiles
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2009
            > Actually, I was able to get something that works the way I wanted it to.

            Care to share that work?

            /bs