Re: [pcgen] Printing issue with 5.14.1 Macintosh

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 25, 2009
      From the specs your machine shouldn't be the problem.
      Can you try File -> Export -> ..to PDF and see if you have the same problem?

      Sometimes rendering problems are due to insufficient memory, here is the
      instructions for how to increase the allocation for the Mac build:

      The PCGen Mac build is set to use up to 256mb of memory space but if you
      load a large number of datasets or if you run into problems outputting PDF's
      you may want to increase the amount used. To access this setting right click
      or control-click the PCGen.app and selecting "Show Package Contents" from
      the resulting menu. Find the Info.plist file in the Contents folder. Find
      the line which reads "-Xms128m -Xmx256m", this is the line which sets the
      memory usage, you can change it to:
      "-Xms256m -Xmx512m" to double the memory.

      Judi Dionne scribed:

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Board of Directors
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 26, 2009
        Unfortunately, I tried this and it still hangs while rendering.

        Ciotka Judi
        The Polish Blonde

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 26, 2009
          Hi Judi,

          I'm wondering if this was a bug we fixed a while back. Can you grab the
          latest version of PCGen and see if you still encounter this problem.

          I know Eddy and Eric both use a mac version, so between them they should
          be able to get this issue figured out.

          -Andrew

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 26, 2009
            Alpha or beta?

            Ciotka Judi
            The Polish Blonde

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 26, 2009
              5.15.13 beta

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              Judi Dionne wrote:
              > Alpha or beta?
              >
              > Ciotka Judi
              > The Polish Blonde
              >

              > On Feb 26, 2009, at 6:27 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
              >

              >> Hi Judi,
              >>
              >> I'm wondering if this was a bug we fixed a while back. Can you grab
              >> the
              >> latest version of PCGen and see if you still encounter this problem.
              >>
              >> I know Eddy and Eric both use a mac version, so between them they
              >> should
              >> be able to get this issue figured out.
              >>
              >> -Andrew
              >>
              >> Judi Dionne wrote:
              >>
              >>> Unfortunately, I tried this and it still hangs while rendering.
              >>>
              >>> Ciotka Judi
              >>> The Polish Blonde

              >> is

              >> if

              >> Contents"

              >> folder.

              >> ! Groups Links

            • Eric C Smith
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 26, 2009
                Hi Judi!

                Judi Dionne wrote:
                > Unfortunately, I tried this and it still hangs while rendering.

                Just to clarify, did you try changing the memory allocation?

                My Mac Mini has 1gig of memory so I actually set my memory allocation
                to "-Xms512m -Xmx1024m"

                Eric

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 27, 2009
                  I did, but not that high. I went to 512m. The original designates
                  256m at the highest.

                  I'm going to try the beta; I was downloading only the stable alpha
                  releases.

                  Ciotka Judi
                  The Polish Blonde

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 27, 2009
                    When I went to download the beta, it would not let me - is the new
                    beta in the windows platform only?

                    Ciotka Judi
                    The Polish Blonde

                  • Eric C Smith
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 27, 2009
                      Hi Judi!

                      The Mac version is up. Try this link:

                      https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
                      group_id=25576&package_id=21689&release_id=664026

                      You may have to cut-n-paste the link as Yahoo! tends to break them.

                      Eric

                    • Judi Dionne
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 27, 2009
                        Thanks. I probably won't get to try it until Sunday, as I'm working
                        this weekend. I'll post the results then.
                        Ciotka Judi
                        The Polish Blonde