Re: [pcgen] Printing issue with 5.14.1 Macintosh

  • Judi Dionne
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 25, 2009
      I am using the Mac version. I am running Leopard (10.5.6), 2.4 Ghz, 1
      gig RAM, 200 gig hard drive.
      I usually save my character sheets as a PDF, but that happens after it
      has "rendered" in the print queue.

      Ciotka Judi
      The Polish Blonde

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 25, 2009
        From the specs your machine shouldn't be the problem.
        Can you try File -> Export -> ..to PDF and see if you have the same problem?

        Sometimes rendering problems are due to insufficient memory, here is the
        instructions for how to increase the allocation for the Mac build:

        The PCGen Mac build is set to use up to 256mb of memory space but if you
        load a large number of datasets or if you run into problems outputting PDF's
        you may want to increase the amount used. To access this setting right click
        or control-click the PCGen.app and selecting "Show Package Contents" from
        the resulting menu. Find the Info.plist file in the Contents folder. Find
        the line which reads "-Xms128m -Xmx256m", this is the line which sets the
        memory usage, you can change it to:
        "-Xms256m -Xmx512m" to double the memory.

        Judi Dionne scribed:

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 26, 2009
          Unfortunately, I tried this and it still hangs while rendering.

          Ciotka Judi
          The Polish Blonde

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 26, 2009
            Hi Judi,

            I'm wondering if this was a bug we fixed a while back. Can you grab the
            latest version of PCGen and see if you still encounter this problem.

            I know Eddy and Eric both use a mac version, so between them they should
            be able to get this issue figured out.

            -Andrew

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 26, 2009
              Alpha or beta?

              Ciotka Judi
              The Polish Blonde

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 26, 2009
                5.15.13 beta

                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                Judi Dionne wrote:
                > Alpha or beta?
                >
                > Ciotka Judi
                > The Polish Blonde
                >

                > On Feb 26, 2009, at 6:27 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                >

                >> Hi Judi,
                >>
                >> I'm wondering if this was a bug we fixed a while back. Can you grab
                >> the
                >> latest version of PCGen and see if you still encounter this problem.
                >>
                >> I know Eddy and Eric both use a mac version, so between them they
                >> should
                >> be able to get this issue figured out.
                >>
                >> -Andrew
                >>
                >> Judi Dionne wrote:
                >>
                >>> Unfortunately, I tried this and it still hangs while rendering.
                >>>
                >>> Ciotka Judi
                >>> The Polish Blonde

                >> is

                >> if

                >> Contents"

                >> folder.

                >> ! Groups Links

              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 26, 2009
                  Hi Judi!

                  Judi Dionne wrote:
                  > Unfortunately, I tried this and it still hangs while rendering.

                  Just to clarify, did you try changing the memory allocation?

                  My Mac Mini has 1gig of memory so I actually set my memory allocation
                  to "-Xms512m -Xmx1024m"

                  Eric

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 27, 2009
                    I did, but not that high. I went to 512m. The original designates
                    256m at the highest.

                    I'm going to try the beta; I was downloading only the stable alpha
                    releases.

                    Ciotka Judi
                    The Polish Blonde

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 27, 2009
                      When I went to download the beta, it would not let me - is the new
                      beta in the windows platform only?

                      Ciotka Judi
                      The Polish Blonde

                    • Eric C Smith
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 27, 2009
                        Hi Judi!

                        The Mac version is up. Try this link:

                        https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
                        group_id=25576&package_id=21689&release_id=664026

                        You may have to cut-n-paste the link as Yahoo! tends to break them.

                        Eric

                      • Judi Dionne
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 27, 2009
                          Thanks. I probably won't get to try it until Sunday, as I'm working
                          this weekend. I'll post the results then.
                          Ciotka Judi
                          The Polish Blonde