Re: [pcgen] Problems with PCGen 5.15.12

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2009
      Hi Eduard,

      On 20/02/2009 1:43 AM Eduard Martinescu wrote
      > I've been playing with the latest beta release, and have run into a
      > couple of snags....
      > (note, in all cases, using simple loading screen, SRD 3.0 for Game
      > Masters selection)

      Thanks for trying it out - it is always good to get detailed feedback
      like this.

      > 1) If option to auto create equipment is on, and check box for racially
      > resized armor/shields/clothing is checked, I get the following error :
      > SEVERE Exception loading files.
      > java.lang.NullPointerException
      > at pcgen.core.Equipment.setDefaultCrit(Equipment.java:3629)
      > at pcgen.core.Equipment.nameItemFromModifiers(Equipment.java:3230)
      > at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(EquipmentList.java:659)
      > at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(EquipmentList.java:617)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autogenerateRacialEquipment(EquipmentList.java:561)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autoGenerateEquipment(EquipmentList.java:391)
      > at
      > pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(LstSystemLoader.java:461)
      > at
      > pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns(PersistenceManager.java:189)
      > at
      > pcgen.gui.sources.SourceSelectionUtils.doCampaignLoad(SourceSelectionUtils.java:193)
      > at
      > pcgen.gui.sources.SourceSelectionUtils.access$000(SourceSelectionUtils.java:57)
      > at
      > pcgen.gui.sources.SourceSelectionUtils$1.construct(SourceSelectionUtils.java:149)
      > at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:144)
      > at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      >

      > 2) Same error if checking 'masterwork' instead, or '+1 to +5', or
      > exotic materials.

      I've just checked in a fix for this - it will be right in the 5.15.13 beta.

      > 3) I created a level 1 human bard, with 14 charisma. I have the house
      > rule checked to allow bonus to known spells based on primary casting
      > stat. However, I can NOT select more than 4 level 0 spells (should get
      > 2 extra from charisma bonus)

      I think the behaviour is correct as you do not receive bonus 0th level
      spells. Does it work on 1st level or higher spells?

      > 4) Same character as 3, he has intelligence 15, so I should be able to
      > select 2 extra languages from 'other' button. Clicking on the button
      > results in an error back in the CMD window
      > 09:41:15.10 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 PCGen_Frame1:2944 Uncaught error -
      > ignoring
      > at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(Unknown Source)
      > at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
      > at
      > pcgen.gui.utils.SwingChooser.updateAvailableTable(SwingChooser.java:1
      > 058)

      This one is a different manifestation of a bug that I fixed a few days
      ago. Again it will work fine in 5.15.13 when it is released.

      Cheers,
      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB