ANT build problem

  • Michael W. Fender
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2009
      System details:

      uname -a:
      Linux xxxxxxxxx 2.6.26-1-686 #1 SMP Sat Jan 10 18:29:31 UTC 2009 i686
      GNU/Linux
      ant -version:
      Apache Ant version 1.7.0 compiled on April 29 2008
      java -version:
      java version "1.6.0_10"
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.0-b15, mixed mode, sharing)
      command used:
      ant clean build test

      This set up has worked for me in the past, building without error. When I
      went to build r9276, however, it popped up a chooser, asking for a choice
      between "Exotic Weapon Proficiency(Weapon A)", "Exotic Weapon
      Proficiency(Weapon B)", and "Exotic Weapon Proficiency(Weapon C)".

      If I choose B, another pops up with a choice between A and C.

      If I ever choose A or C, another chooser pops up with choices of A, B, and C.

      The last few lines of my build output are:
      [junit] Running pcgen.core.PCTemplateTest
      [junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 8.683 sec
      [junit] Running pcgen.core.PObjectTest
      [junit] Tests run: 8, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 8.53 sec
      [junit] Running pcgen.core.PObjectUtilitiesTest
      [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 8.446 sec
      [junit] Running pcgen.core.PlayerCharacterTest

      /code/build/test-results/xml/TEST-pcgen.core.PlayerCharacterTest.xml is
      completely blank and /code/build/test-results/xml/TEST-
      pcgen.core.PlayerCharacterTest.txt only has one line of text:
      Testsuite: pcgen.core.PlayerCharacterTest

      The chooser will continuously loop unless I forcibly break or kill the
      process. I cannot finish a build.

      --
      Fluxxdog

      think.
    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2009
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:

        > The chooser will continuously loop unless I forcibly break or kill the
        > process. I cannot finish a build.

        This should be fixed now.

        TP.
      • Michael W. Fender
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2009
          On Thursday 05 February 2009 21:33:31 Tom Parker wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:
          > > The chooser will continuously loop unless I forcibly break or kill the
          > > process. I cannot finish a build.
          >
          > This should be fixed now.

          Cool. I can build again. Now I just have to deal with the reporttest part of
          the build causing an error:
          build.xml:817: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

          That's not so much of a deal for me though. Appreciate it!

          --
          Fluxxdog

          think.
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2009

            On 6/02/2009 2:22 PM Michael W. Fender wrote
            > On Thursday 05 February 2009 21:33:31 Tom Parker wrote:
            >
            >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:
            >>
            >>> The chooser will continuously loop unless I forcibly break or kill the
            >>> process. I cannot finish a build.
            >>>
            >> This should be fixed now.
            >>

            > Cool. I can build again. Now I just have to deal with the reporttest part of
            > the build causing an error:
            > build.xml:817: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

            Adding an ANT_OPTS setting of
            -DXms=1024M -DXmx=1024M

            might help there, as may running the reporttest as a separate command.

            Cheers,
            James.