FRguidelines Feats

  • gauss@videotron.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2001
      I have written up the feats from the Forgotten Realms Guidelines
      useing the most recent version at hand (LC FR Book - 122000.pdf). In
      the future I will update the .lst as any changes to the Guidelines
      take place. The file is named feat.regional.lst and is intended to
      be cut and pasted into an existing feat.lst file. Some features of
      these feats are either beyond the scope of pcgen or are beyond the
      scope of my (very limited) scripting abilities; in some instances
      I've only made implentations where I knew it was possible, while
      leaving other things out. Feat descriptions were copied almost
      verbatim from the Guidelines though only the initial 5 or 6 lines are
      visible to read.
      Please let me know what mistakes I've made (as I'm sure there's
      bound to be some) and how to correct them if possible.

      As far as feat scripting goes these are some things I'm not sure
      how to do, in no particular order of importance:

      1. is it possible to set one of several classes as prerequisites?
      (eg, character must be able to cast arcane spells as either a bard or
      sorcerer for Arcane Preparation)

      2. is it possible for feats to modify saving throws?

      3. can I set a feat to allow 2 (or more) selections from a list to
      apply a bonus? (eg, for a character with the Education feat all
      Knowledge skills are class skills and gets to pick 2 of them for a +2
      bonus.)

      I had a couple more questions but I can't seem to remember them right
      now.

      Regarding the Craft, Knowledge, and Profession skills (which can
      have a wide variety based on user preferences):
      would it be possible to make it so that instead of a "hard list"
      (which would require recursive changes to any feats for additional
      skill listings - uh, if you know what I mean), instead there was,
      say, after selecting the Knowledge skill a pop-up box emerged and
      the user simply entered a descriptive tag (be it Nature or Arcana or
      Smurf Culture, etc).