Re: [pcgen] [bump] Re: lycanthrope

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 11, 2009
      Interesting results... VFEAT is acting up. I see both an automatic and
      virtual version. However, when I change the VFEAT to
      ABILITY:FEAT|VIRTUAL| it works as expected. Very odd.

      I spoke to Ricky and let him know of this workaround until this bug is
      squashed.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      Michael W. Fender wrote:
      > Accessing archive from Andrew Maitland...
      > Archive found in file 15857.10093.2145
      >

      >> (I hate checking email at work, threading is so much nicer.)
      >>
      >> Michael, I'd classify this as a Code Bug, due to the recent token work and
      >> massive changes. If the lst doesn't have "two" of anything being pulled up
      >> then it sounds like a code bug.
      >>
      >> Also, Alertness and Iron Will should NOT be stacking, even if taken as
      >> virtual and normal or automatic. They are the same and should just
      >> overwrite each other. This is definitely another 'bug' of the code.
      >>
      >> Also, did you run the latest build against this behavior? Tom and James
      >> have committed several fixes along this related path.
      >>

      > I double checked and ran a clean build just to be sure.
      >
      > As of r8964, we got a bug. I've commented on the report you made and I've
      > also opened another tracker for a related (but separate) issue.

    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 11, 2009
        Accessing archive from Andrew Maitland...
        Archive found in file 26261.18122.6603

        > Interesting results... VFEAT is acting up. I see both an automatic and
        > virtual version. However, when I change the VFEAT to
        > ABILITY:FEAT|VIRTUAL| it works as expected. Very odd.

        I think it may be just VFEAT in templates. Monks get feats as VIRTUAL feats,
        but I haven't seen this problem recently. Double checked, and he only gets
        the +4 bonus from a VIRTUAL Improved Grapple feat. Though I ran into another
        bug...

        What I had done was make a first level Fighter, then add the Lycanthrope
        template of Weretiger. This gives him 6 levels of Animal. I already had it
        open and added the monk level when it popped up and asked me what stat should
        be increased. That's when I realized that it never did that when I applied
        the Weretiger. Another glitch in the system? Because I double checked the
        Lycanthrope entry in the RSRD and found this:

        "In addition, a lycanthrope may also gain an additional ability score increase
        by virtue of its extra Hit Dice."

        ...and 6 extra HD guarantees at least 1 ability increase.
        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2009
          Things added with ADD:PCLEVEL or the like ignore the leveling system of
          Stat Increases.

          I noticed the Choice(s) from templates don't show up in the template
          section, but again, they do have VISIBLE:NO

          As to the stat gain, that can be done easy enough using an ability pool.

          Eddy - Do you approve of adding an ABILITYPOOL for the Lycanthrope Stat
          Increase?

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          Michael W. Fender wrote:
          > Accessing archive from Andrew Maitland...
          > Archive found in file 26261.18122.6603
          >

          >> Interesting results... VFEAT is acting up. I see both an automatic and
          >> virtual version. However, when I change the VFEAT to
          >> ABILITY:FEAT|VIRTUAL| it works as expected. Very odd.
          >>

          > I think it may be just VFEAT in templates. Monks get feats as VIRTUAL feats,
          > but I haven't seen this problem recently. Double checked, and he only gets
          > the +4 bonus from a VIRTUAL Improved Grapple feat. Though I ran into another
          > bug...
          >
          > What I had done was make a first level Fighter, then add the Lycanthrope
          > template of Weretiger. This gives him 6 levels of Animal. I already had it
          > open and added the monk level when it popped up and asked me what stat should
          > be increased. That's when I realized that it never did that when I applied
          > the Weretiger. Another glitch in the system? Because I double checked the
          > Lycanthrope entry in the RSRD and found this:
          >
          > "In addition, a lycanthrope may also gain an additional ability score increase
          > by virtue of its extra Hit Dice."
          >
          > ...and 6 extra HD guarantees at least 1 ability increase.

        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 11, 2009
            Michael W. Fender scribed:

            > What I had done was make a first level Fighter, then add the Lycanthrope
            > template of Weretiger. This gives him 6 levels of Animal. I already had it
            > open and added the monk level when it popped up and asked me what stat should
            > be increased. That's when I realized that it never did that when I applied
            > the Weretiger. Another glitch in the system? Because I double checked the
            > Lycanthrope entry in the RSRD and found this:
            >
            > "In addition, a lycanthrope may also gain an additional ability score increase
            > by virtue of its extra Hit Dice."
            >
            > ...and 6 extra HD guarantees at least 1 ability increase.

            I suspect that this is this way because the tags which grant those levels
            come from a template as the main characteristic of a template is that when
            you remove it everything it grants should come with it.

            In my mind the best solution would be a code FREQ, currently if you remove
            levels which granted you ability bumps those come off as well, if the
            ADDLEVEL tag allowed standard stat bump that went away when the templates
            were removed that would be ideal.

            Barring that I agree that an ability pool with some abilities to grant stat
            bumps is the best data solution.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Board of Directors
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 11, 2009
              Andrew Maitland scribed:

              > Things added with ADD:PCLEVEL or the like ignore the leveling system of
              > Stat Increases.

              See my other reply but I wonder why the ADDLEVEL tag does that. I don't see
              any game mechanical reason why to have it that way.