Re: [pcgen] Slow down problem using PRExxx tags in the spell files

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 22, 2008

      I think it is restricted to just the CLASSES tag. The reason is that
      this tag gets processed a lot and is being regularly checked when
      building up things like spell list displays. Putting a PRE on this adds
      an overhead of an extra check that needs to be made. One or two will not
      be noticeable, but when the whole spell list carries these, then you hit
      the issue that Andrew is seeing.

      Just to manage expectations, this may not be an easy thing to fix and as
      it is not something affecting shipped data at this time is a lower
      priority in the bug fixing queue for me. Of course if someone has a
      particular interest in having this working, they are more than welcome
      to take it on!

      Cheers,
      James.

      On 23/12/2008 5:53 AM Andrew Maitland wrote