Re: [pcgen] [BUG] Off by one error in the Character Sheet plugin

  • Andrew Wilson
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 9, 2008
      Yeah, The numbers for all my wands (all 11 of them) are on the wrong line.
      My staff's charges are showing up next to my jacket. I suspect that it's
      only
      happening in the right hand column. If I move one of the wands to be at the
      top of the first column it has it's own charges. This is also happening
      when I
      export using the csheet_fantasy_std.htm sheet.

      andrew
      2008/12/10 Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...>

      > On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Andrew Wilson <andrew@...>
      > wrote:
      > > I'd forgotten I'd changed it away from the default. I'm using
      > Standard.html
      > > and it's weird.
      >
      > Ok, my test has the right number of charges listed on the same line as
      > the correctly associated Wand.
      >
      > This sheet shows a number, instead of checkboxes on preview.html. :)
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 9, 2008
        On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Andrew Wilson <andrew@...> wrote:
        > Yeah, The numbers for all my wands (all 11 of them) are on the wrong line.
        > My staff's charges are showing up next to my jacket. I suspect that it's
        > only
        > happening in the right hand column. If I move one of the wands to be at the
        > top of the first column it has it's own charges. This is also happening
        > when I
        > export using the csheet_fantasy_std.htm sheet.

        I can't reproduce either way.

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Andrew Wilson
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 9, 2008
          I'm not imagining it, The staff of fire should have 32 charges, teh jacket
          shouldn't have any.
          The Acid Spalsh wand should have 40 charges and the
          clairaudience/Clairvoyance should
          have 50.
          2008/12/10 Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...>

          > On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Andrew Wilson <andrew@...>
          > wrote:
          > > Yeah, The numbers for all my wands (all 11 of them) are on the wrong
          > line.
          > > My staff's charges are showing up next to my jacket. I suspect that it's
          > > only
          > > happening in the right hand column. If I move one of the wands to be at
          > the
          > > top of the first column it has it's own charges. This is also happening
          > > when I
          > > export using the csheet_fantasy_std.htm sheet.
          >
          > I can't reproduce either way.

        • Andrew Wilson
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 9, 2008
            Of course, yahoo's stripped out the screen shot snippet. I've uploaded the
            pcg and
            the output I'm getting.

            2008/12/10 Andrew Wilson <andrew@...>

            > I'm not imagining it, The staff of fire should have 32 charges, teh jacket
            > shouldn't have any.
            > The Acid Spalsh wand should have 40 charges and the
            > clairaudience/Clairvoyance should
            > have 50.
            > 2008/12/10 Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...>
            >
            >> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Andrew Wilson <andrew@...>
            >> wrote:
            >> > Yeah, The numbers for all my wands (all 11 of them) are on the wrong
            >> line.
            >> > My staff's charges are showing up next to my jacket. I suspect that
            >> it's
            >> > only
            >> > happening in the right hand column. If I move one of the wands to be at
            >> the
            >> > top of the first column it has it's own charges. This is also happening
            >> > when I
            >> > export using the csheet_fantasy_std.htm sheet.
            >>
            >> I can't reproduce either way.

          • Andrew Wilson
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 5 3:24 AM
              2008/12/9 Andrew Wilson <andrew@...>:
              > I just noticed something weird. When I look at the equipment section of the
              > character Sheet plugin, all the charged items have their charges remaining
              > value in the entry below them. Seems to be fine in the preview, so I think
              > the problem is in the sheet.

              I'm still seeing this. Our Standard.html output sheet has an off by one error
              on the output of number of charges in the equipment section. I have an 18th
              level character with about 40 items, about 10 of them have charges. In every
              case without exception the charges appear on the item/line below the one
              where they should.

              I downloaded the latest beta and recreated this character from scratch, the
              problem is still there.

              andrew
            • Eddy Anthony
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 5 10:10 AM
                Andrew Wilson wrote:
                > 2008/12/9 Andrew Wilson <andrew@...>:
                >
                >> I just noticed something weird. When I look at the equipment section of the
                >> character Sheet plugin, all the charged items have their charges remaining
                >> value in the entry below them. Seems to be fine in the preview, so I think
                >> the problem is in the sheet.
                >>

                > I'm still seeing this. Our Standard.html output sheet has an off by one error
                > on the output of number of charges in the equipment section. I have an 18th
                > level character with about 40 items, about 10 of them have charges. In every
                > case without exception the charges appear on the item/line below the one
                > where they should.
                >
                > I downloaded the latest beta and recreated this character from scratch, the
                > problem is still there.
                >
                > andrew

                How do you reproduce this? It seems to work fine for me.

                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                ~ PCGen Board of Directors
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 5 10:12 PM
                  Hi Andrew,

                  On 6/02/2009 5:10 AM Eddy Anthony wrote
                  > Andrew Wilson wrote:
                  >
                  >> 2008/12/9 Andrew Wilson <andrew@...>:
                  >>

                  >>> I just noticed something weird. When I look at the equipment section of the
                  >>> character Sheet plugin, all the charged items have their charges remaining
                  >>> value in the entry below them. Seems to be fine in the preview, so I think
                  >>> the problem is in the sheet.
                  >>>

                  >> I'm still seeing this. Our Standard.html output sheet has an off by one error
                  >> on the output of number of charges in the equipment section. I have an 18th
                  >> level character with about 40 items, about 10 of them have charges. In every
                  >> case without exception the charges appear on the item/line below the one
                  >> where they should.
                  >>
                  >> I downloaded the latest beta and recreated this character from scratch, the
                  >> problem is still there.
                  >>
                  >> andrew
                  >>

                  > How do you reproduce this? It seems to work fine for me.

                  Could you post your character in the "need help with" directory on the
                  files section please?

                  Cheers,
                  James.
                • Andrew Wilson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 6 1:56 AM
                    2009/2/6 James Dempsey <jdempsey@...>:
                    > On 6/02/2009 5:10 AM Eddy Anthony wrote
                    >> Andrew Wilson wrote:
                    >>>
                    >>> I'm still seeing this. Our Standard.html output sheet has an off by one error
                    >>> on the output of number of charges in the equipment section. I have an 18th
                    >>> level character with about 40 items, about 10 of them have charges. In every
                    >>> case without exception the charges appear on the item/line below the one
                    >>> where they should.
                    >>>
                    >>> I downloaded the latest beta and recreated this character from scratch, the
                    >>> problem is still there.
                    >>
                    >> How do you reproduce this? It seems to work fine for me.
                    >
                    > Could you post your character in the "need help with" directory on the
                    > files section please?

                    I uploaded it. It's in Files > 'Need Help With' > HTML output sheet strangeness
                    The character and the custom data used to create it are in a zip file
                    OffByOne.zip

                    andrew