Expert class error

  • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
      I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.

      Joey
    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
        wrote:

        > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
        skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.

        I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?

        Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
        previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?

        Thanks.
      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Byngl" <byngl@...> wrote:

          > With the latest SVN (#8553), but noticed previously as well (a couple
          > of weeks anyways).

          > Can anyone else verify that they are seeing similar behaviour?

          Thanks for the report - I think I found the problem and fixed it, will
          test it later today.

          TP.
        • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
            It was created in 5.15.7

            Joey
            ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
            > skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
            >
            > I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
            >
            > Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
            > previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
            >
            > Thanks.

          • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
              It was created in 5.15.7

              Joey
              ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
              > skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
              >
              > I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
              >
              > Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
              > previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
              >
              > Thanks.

            • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                It was created in 5.15.7

                Joey
                ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
                > skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
                >
                > I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
                >
                > Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
                > previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
                >
                > Thanks.

              • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                  It was created in 5.15.7

                  Joey
                  ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
                  > skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
                  >
                  > I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
                  >
                  > Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
                  > previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
                  >
                  > Thanks.

                • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                    It was created in 5.15.7

                    Joey
                    ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
                    > skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
                    >
                    > I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
                    >
                    > Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
                    > previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
                    >
                    > Thanks.

                  • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                      It was created in 5.15.7

                      Joey
                      ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
                      > skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
                      >
                      > I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
                      >
                      > Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
                      > previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
                      >
                      > Thanks.

                    • Eddy Anthony
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                        Joseph (Joey) Derrico wrote:
                        > It was created in 5.15.7
                        >
                        > Joey
                        > ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                        >
                        >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
                        >> wrote:
                        >>
                        >>> I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
                        >>>
                        >> skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
                        >>
                        >> I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
                        >>
                        >> Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
                        >> previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
                        >>
                        >> Thanks.

                        I've confirmed this is not working in the trunk at svn 8559, at a glance
                        I'd guess that CSKILL:LIST is broken.

                        Trackered:
                        [ 2393434 ] Expert class skills not granted
                        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2393434&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                        --
                        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                        ~ PCGen Board of Directors
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 8, 2008
                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Byngl" <byngl@...> wrote:

                          > With the latest SVN (#8553), but noticed previously as well (a couple
                          > of weeks anyways).
                          >
                          > I have some templates that attempt to remove other templates. These
                          > were originally assigned in a class .lst file
                          >
                          > Abbreviated example (with normally non-visible set to visible for
                          > ease of verification):
                          >
                          > (class.lst)
                          > CLASS:bar
                          > 1<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 1
                          > 2<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 2
                          > 3<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 3
                          >
                          > (template.lst)
                          > foo 1<tab>VISIBLE:YES
                          > foo 2<tab>VISIBLE:YES<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 1.REMOVE
                          > foo 3<tab>VISIBLE:YES<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 2.REMOVE
                          >
                          > Can anyone else verify that they are seeing similar behaviour? I have
                          > some code added to support some of the savage species monster
                          > classes, but I don't think it should be effecting this.
                          >
                          > Thanks,
                          >
                          > Byngl

                        • Martijn Verburg
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 8, 2008
                            Ignore the bump, I see Tom has already responded.