TEMPLATE:foo.REMOVE broken?

  • Byngl
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
      With the latest SVN (#8553), but noticed previously as well (a couple
      of weeks anyways).

      I have some templates that attempt to remove other templates. These
      were originally assigned in a class .lst file

      Abbreviated example (with normally non-visible set to visible for
      ease of verification):

      (class.lst)
      CLASS:bar
      1<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 1
      2<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 2
      3<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 3

      (template.lst)
      foo 1<tab>VISIBLE:YES
      foo 2<tab>VISIBLE:YES<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 1.REMOVE
      foo 3<tab>VISIBLE:YES<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 2.REMOVE

      Can anyone else verify that they are seeing similar behaviour? I have
      some code added to support some of the savage species monster
      classes, but I don't think it should be effecting this.

      Thanks,

      Byngl
    • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
        I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.

        Joey
      • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
            I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.

            Joey
          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
              wrote:

              > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
              skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.

              I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?

              Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
              previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?

              Thanks.
            • Tom Parker
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Byngl" <byngl@...> wrote:

                > With the latest SVN (#8553), but noticed previously as well (a couple
                > of weeks anyways).

                > Can anyone else verify that they are seeing similar behaviour?

                Thanks for the report - I think I found the problem and fixed it, will
                test it later today.

                TP.
              • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                  It was created in 5.15.7

                  Joey
                  ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
                  > skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
                  >
                  > I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
                  >
                  > Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
                  > previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
                  >
                  > Thanks.

                • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                    It was created in 5.15.7

                    Joey
                    ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
                    > skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
                    >
                    > I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
                    >
                    > Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
                    > previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
                    >
                    > Thanks.

                  • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                      It was created in 5.15.7

                      Joey
                      ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
                      > skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
                      >
                      > I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
                      >
                      > Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
                      > previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
                      >
                      > Thanks.

                    • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                        It was created in 5.15.7

                        Joey
                        ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
                        > skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
                        >
                        > I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
                        >
                        > Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
                        > previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
                        >
                        > Thanks.

                      • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                          It was created in 5.15.7

                          Joey
                          ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
                          > skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
                          >
                          > I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
                          >
                          > Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
                          > previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
                          >
                          > Thanks.

                        • Joseph (Joey) Derrico
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                            It was created in 5.15.7

                            Joey
                            ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
                            > skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
                            >
                            > I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
                            >
                            > Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
                            > previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
                            >
                            > Thanks.

                          • Eddy Anthony
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 5, 2008
                              Joseph (Joey) Derrico wrote:
                              > It was created in 5.15.7
                              >
                              > Joey
                              > ---- Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                              >
                              >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph (Joey) Derrico" <joeyd473@...>
                              >> wrote:
                              >>
                              >>> I am trying to use the Expert class. I choose 10 skills to be class
                              >>>
                              >> skills however it never lists them as class skills. I am using vs 5.1.5.7.
                              >>
                              >> I'll assume you mean 5.15.7?
                              >>
                              >> Can you let me know if the PC is created in 5.15.7 or was created in a
                              >> previous version and doesn't import properly into 5.15.7?
                              >>
                              >> Thanks.

                              I've confirmed this is not working in the trunk at svn 8559, at a glance
                              I'd guess that CSKILL:LIST is broken.

                              Trackered:
                              [ 2393434 ] Expert class skills not granted
                              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2393434&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                              --
                              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                              ~ PCGen Board of Directors
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 8, 2008
                                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Byngl" <byngl@...> wrote:

                                > With the latest SVN (#8553), but noticed previously as well (a couple
                                > of weeks anyways).
                                >
                                > I have some templates that attempt to remove other templates. These
                                > were originally assigned in a class .lst file
                                >
                                > Abbreviated example (with normally non-visible set to visible for
                                > ease of verification):
                                >
                                > (class.lst)
                                > CLASS:bar
                                > 1<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 1
                                > 2<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 2
                                > 3<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 3
                                >
                                > (template.lst)
                                > foo 1<tab>VISIBLE:YES
                                > foo 2<tab>VISIBLE:YES<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 1.REMOVE
                                > foo 3<tab>VISIBLE:YES<tab>TEMPLATE:foo 2.REMOVE
                                >
                                > Can anyone else verify that they are seeing similar behaviour? I have
                                > some code added to support some of the savage species monster
                                > classes, but I don't think it should be effecting this.
                                >
                                > Thanks,
                                >
                                > Byngl

                              • Martijn Verburg
                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 8, 2008
                                  Ignore the bump, I see Tom has already responded.