PCGen v5.15.8 (Alpha) Released!

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2008
      PCGen, the worlds most flexible d20 character generation software,
      adds an additional alpha release to its development cycla with the
      release, and immediate availability for download, of PCGen v5.15.8
      (Alpha)!

      To download your free copy of PCGen, point you browser here:

      https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25576

      The PCGen team has added an extra alpha release to our development
      cycle to allow our code and data teams to tackle the last few
      features needed for full support of Paizo's Pathfinder RPG, so with
      PCGen v5.15.8, we are on track towards a final production release
      just after the holiday season. Of special note in this release is a
      change in the source loading system, changes intended to simplify the
      source loading process, especially for the new, or casual, user. To
      see the full list of changes incorporated in this alpha release,
      check out the release notes:

      http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/installers/
      release-notes/pcgen-release-notes-5158.html

      With only two weeks left before the feature freeze, now is a good
      time to have a look at the how things are progressing. Please let us
      know if there is something you were expecting that isn't available
      yet but make sure to take a good hard look at the new source loading
      system and let us know how it works for you. Your feedback thus far
      in the alpha cycle has been tremendously helpful and as always we are
      very interested in hearing how the latest changes work for you.

      PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20
      systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified
      by users for their own campaigns. For more information about PCGen,
      join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/ or visit our website
      at http://pcgen.sourceforge.net and wiki at http://www.pcgen-test.org/
      wiki.

      This software uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo
      Publishing, LLC, used with permission. This software is not
      published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing.
      For more information about Pathfinder, Paizo Publishing and Paizo
      products, please visit paizo.com.

      PCGen Team