Re: [TM] Magic bonus on Composite Longbow IS working

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 16, 2008
      Oh man. After all this time, I never noticed the -2 MOD for when the
      bow STR exceeds the character bonus. Can it really be that all this
      time on each character, the bow STR has always matched the
      character's bonus? Amazing.

      I also note when dropping the BOW str or increasing the character str
      to match, then the calc looks as I expected.

      Thanks everyone for looking into this so quickly. I guess the
      resolution is USER CONFUSION.

      Michael.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...>
      wrote:

      > On Sunday 16 November 2008 06:05:23 pm Andrew Maitland wrote:
      > > Go ahead and tracker that as a bug. (Data if it looks like the
      data is
      > > wrong, code if the code looks wrong)
      >
      > Oh, gee, I was just thinking damage. That's what I get for doing
      this right
      > before I sleep. Retesting and checking for attack bonus...
      >
      > Created Composite (+2 STR) Longbow +2 (enhancement)
      > Preview sheet says:
      > To hit (110'): +4 (+1 BAB, +1 DEX, +2 enhancement)
      >
      > Created Composite (+3 STR) Longbow +2 (enhancement)
      > Preview sheet says:
      > To hit (110'): +4 (+1 BAB, +1 DEX, +2 enhancement)
      >
      > Changed STR to 12
      > Both bows read
      > To hit (110'): +2 (+1 BAB, +1 DEX, +2 enhancement, -2 for "lack of
      strength")

      > OK, still reads correct. No issue in 5.15.7
      > Two things I'm thinking.
      > 1: Issue's already resolved OR
      > 2: Character doesn't have the appropriate STR mod for the composite
      bow. Per
      > RSRD, you take a -2 penalty if your strength mod doesn't match the
      composite
      > bows STR rating.
      >
      > Either way, it's working fine and I really think it's case 2. If I
      trackered
      > it, I'd have to turn around and close it with "Works for me".
      Someone want
      > to find a problem that can be trackered?
      >
      > > Michael W. Fender wrote:

      > > > Testing using PCGen 5.15.7, Sun Java 1.6.0_10, Debian Lenny/Sid
      > > >
      > > > Test character: TN Human LV 1 Fighter
      > > > 18 STR, all other stats 12
      > > >
      > > > Created Composite (+2 STR) Longbow +2 (enhancement)
      > > > Preview sheet says:
      > > > Damage: 1d8+4
      > > >
      > > > Created Composite (+3 STR) Longbow +2 (enhancement)
      > > > Preview sheet says:
      > > > Damage: 1d8+5
      > > >
      > > > Changed STR to 12
      > > > Both bows read
      > > > Damage: 1d8+3
      > > >
      > > > It's working alright in the latest release... I don't think
      anything has
      > > > really changed as far as composite bows go. Make sure your
      character has
      > > > the strength to properly use the bow. Other than that, I don't
      know what
      > > > to tell you.
      >
      > --
      > Fluxxdog
      >
      > The worst crime you can commit against another human being is to
      make them
      > think.

    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 17, 2008
        On Monday 17 November 2008 01:46:04 am Michael wrote:
        > Oh man. After all this time, I never noticed the -2 MOD for when the
        > bow STR exceeds the character bonus. Can it really be that all this
        > time on each character, the bow STR has always matched the
        > character's bonus? Amazing.
        >
        > I also note when dropping the BOW str or increasing the character str
        > to match, then the calc looks as I expected.
        >
        > Thanks everyone for looking into this so quickly. I guess the
        > resolution is USER CONFUSION.

        It happens ^^ Hey, you learned! So be thankful for that.

        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.