Re: [pcgen] Age brackers

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
      Using the latest build.

      Create a Human, adept lv 1,

      Description, change the default tab of Adulthood to Old - age is
      automatically added, change to vulnerable... age is recalculated.

      I go back to summary tab - All physical stats are -6, and mental stats
      are +3.

      Seems to be working fine.

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      ~ Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      Brad Stiles wrote:
      >>> What is supposed to happen when I set the Age on the Description tab
      >>> to "Venerable", or any other value besides "Adulthood"? As far as I
      >>>

      >>> can tell, nothing does happen. In fact, the option isn't even
      >>>
      > sticky.
      >
      >>> When I switch away from the Description tab, it's set back to blank
      >>> when I go back. Even if I save the character with "Venerable" set,
      >>> it gets set to blank.
      >>>

      >> If the race has a properly setup bio setting then changing those will
      >> affect the abilities and should also change the age; for races
      >> without bio setting nothing will happen. The same is true if you set
      >> the age to something other than normal adult, it will change it. AND
      >> it should stick... the non-stick behavior is what you get when no bio
      >> has been set.
      >>
      >> That is IF it actually is working. I can't test till I get home and
      >> do a rebuild.
      >>

      > Did you get a chance to look at this?
      >
      > Brad

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008

        Try changing the age before adding a level. (Which you need to do if you
        want skills to end up correct).

        (I reported this several months ago IIRC... or at least I meant to if I
        didn't... :p)

        Barak